Graybeard Outdoors banner

Hello , and update on Tiger Mortar project

6K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  RocklockI 
#1 ·
Is this where a fellow comes to learn about cannons ?

#2 ·
This is the place. Ask away if you have questions. Not that I can answer most of them but others here can.

#8 ·
Well I got lost in the Big Change a couple years ago !

I couldn't log on for some reason . So Ive been camping out over at arfcom , every so often some one will say " I want to build a cannon !" , so I clue them in and streer them over here .

Deanna and I have moved to the Phoenix area ! She wanted to be close to the Grandsons who are both in the area until they turn 18 .
I am not overly thrilled to be here , but there are lots of places to shoot .

I took my last wax over to be cast and it is done Mike has it now .

Im almost skeert to ask how to post a pic ? Ill look at stickies , I have a new project , no clue if it will work out .

OK I'M not skeert any more and I didn't see how to in the stickies, how do I post a picture ?

#9 ·
Well I got lost in the Big Change a couple years ago !

I couldn't log on for some reason . So Ive been camping out over at arfcom , every so often some one will say " I want to build a cannon !" , so I clue them in and streer them over here .

Deanna and I have moved to the Phoenix area ! She wanted to be close to the Grandsons who are both in the area until they turn 18 .
I am not overly thrilled to be here , but there are lots of places to shoot .

I took my last wax over to be cast and it is done Mike has it now .

Im almost skeert to ask how to post a pic ? Ill look at stickies , I have a new project , no clue if it will work out .

OK I'M not skeert any more and I didn't see how to in the stickies, how do I post a picture ?

Gary,
You need a photo hosting site.
Here is an easy one.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

Go to select
Pick a photo from your documents.
Click on open.
Copy and paste the IMG code to your post.

Zulu

#11 ·

Well that was easy ! Sorry for the horrible Picture .
I had been working on this a LONG TIME , moving time was coming and I knew it wouldnt survive the move .

So I got inspired to get off my ass , finish it up and get it to a mold maker .
Just above Longmont is Loveland ,it is a very artful bronze making center , SO I contacted my supplier and got the name of a mold maker .

So I have a mold now , well not me , but Mike of Seacoast Artillery.
I left it there because (feeling like Hank Kimball ). ......

If thing things work out I maybe able to make little Bronze Indian Tiger Mortars in Firecracker size .

#26 ·
Hi Gary,

So you're finally making my lion mortar, a decade after I asked for it, lol.

Morko #3 has been here in my living room, waiting patiently for his new pet to be cast...

Victor

#27 ·
Yes with any luck !

I left the new mold with Mike , and Mike is and has VERY busy .
But another good friend of Mike and mine named Bruce is a bronze caster too .

Bruce has wax injection machine , so they should be able to make good waxes . Mike knows my caster so he can do it .

He actually has my last wax Humpty Dumpty gun at home its been cast and looks good ,
I'll try and get him to post a picture of it .

#28 ·
Glad to hear it. I sure would like to get one if possible.

Good thing you didn't take the wax to Phoenix. My friend in Mesa told me that the volcanic rock in his landscaping was starting to fuse together (115* heat) a few months ago. :)

#31 ·
I'm going to CO. in a few weeks Ill see if I can push the lion along a little .
Maybe I can even try making a wax with Bruces injection machine we'll see , if all goes well I might even be able to get it to the caster .

OR nothing may happen , but thanks for jogging my mind .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.