Little Rock, AR - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Default Little Rock, AR

Brand new to the forum and wanting to learn as much as I can about all of this. I am located in Little Rock, AR if there are any members in this are it'd be great to meet up as I prefer learning via hands on if at all possible. I actually found a member on here from the Little Rock area and thought I messaged him this afternoon but apparently I didn't and could not find him in the bazillion threads that i randomly saw him mention his location. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Well you are close to the powder supply, Powder Inc is in Clarksville.

What kind of cannon are you interested in?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 02:35 PM

Welcome! I posted in your intro thread, nowhere near AR but I'd be glad to any advice I can.

I don't often bare my soul, it's ugly and tends to frighten people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 06:27 PM

Gun Cabinet

Welcome, your handle grahamaham didn't happen to come from an old submarine movie did it? Anyway, this is the place to learn about cannons, just ask away, good folks here.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Actually it did! My first boss called me that when i started working for him. He then had to show me the movie and its stuck since then.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

I purchased a 1/3 scale 6 pounder barrel thats at 20.5 inches. I have begun building the no 1 model filed carriage from plans. I'm only at the beginning stsges and and am worrying about hardware and it being correct and historically correct. The wheels will be purchased from a vendor that y'all have listed. Hardware is another story haha. Gonna have to figure that all out somehow i suppose.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Welcome

Not too close to Arkansas myself. But you have come to a very good place for advice. I personally have learned a lifetime of knowledge here since the time I have joined, from the Great Members here.

They will know how to guide you. I am somewhat of a novice myself yet. Many are far more knowledgeable here than I.

Maybe post some pics of what you have going on so far. Would like to see the project.

Only place I have ever dealt with on wheels is Hansens. Nice people and got a very good deal on some older stock wheels they wanted to move. Maybe call and see if they may have a set that would work that they do not particularly list for sale. That is what I did, and they found one set hidden back in the warehouse.

I do not know if they even deal in smaller scale Cannon wheels though. Ones I bought were around 30 inch.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:57 PM

Gun Cabinet

If you can run a welder and grinder the hardware can be built. Lots of little parts just figure out how to make them match the originals and to scale. Cheating a bit helps, like the the hand spike hooks on mine are made of flat iron and a double headed concrete nail bent to shape and trimmed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0101191307.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	785.7 KB
ID:	233938  

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page