Well holy crap where do I start.
Worked on the barrel off and on today and bi-golly I think I have a serviceable barrel. (need to dremel in the feed ramp tomorrow still)
So I started by using a chunk of 1:8 stainless barrel I had lying around (preferred 1:9 but hey it's what I had)
I faced it up, dialed it in, chambered it then cut the tenon for the stub.
Got enough tenon there?
Next I dialed in the 9mm barrel and bored it out as deep as I could then drilled the rest, threaded as deep as I could get it and then finished it off with a tap (I know, I know but I got a good 1" plus of threads done before the tap) parted it off and had a good laugh.
Introducing the new 1.5" 50 cal glock barrel!!! has a 28 twist barrel and nukes everything in sight.:50cal:
Next I dialed in the muzzle end then profiled the barrel down to the final OD, put a quick crown on it, then I cleaned both the parts up and married the two with sleeve retainer.
Silly me knocked the edge of the barrel stub with a file out of habbit so I couldn't blend in the two pieces 100% DOH!
Then came the moment of truth......will it fit in the gun and can I rack the slide.....Eureka!
Barrel ended up at 5.2" finished length, round drops in and out like a charm.
I'm going to profile the feed ramp in tomorrow and load up a few rounds starting around 25k psi. I have no plans to worry about getting it cycling yet. I'm more interested in the workup and seeing what kind of velocities are obtainable.