.458 1 1/3 - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

I now have both guns; I got the Grizzly back just days from exactly 8 years from the day I sent it in.

When I figure out how to post photos, I WILL post pictures but Jack did not do a cosmetic job, reshaping the trigger guard on my Grizzly I really wanted so A: I am disappointed, B: it looks like any other Grizzly.

Loading cartridges for the revolver, getting dies (although I have gotten a few -- all you have to do, maybe -- from some gents) -- is turning into a night mare.
I jumped through a lot of hoops trying to get a major reloading brand make me a set of dies; after I did and sent them all they needed /wanted they sent it back saying we do not do this any more.

My memory , is starting to worry me, as I have posted pics. of guns and sold them online, as recently as five years ago, but I do not remember how, along with all the gun parts, 1911 frames & slides, I have I had forgotten I had.
I also had NO idea it had been six years since my last post on this thread.

RR

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 03-13-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

My fortune remains lousy with the revolver.
I was going through my firearms the other day to see what to keep and what to sell.
I dry fired the Herter's and as often as not the hammer would not drop so now I have to call Jack up and send it back to him.
Now I could open it to see exactly what is wrong but he built and a best to have him fix it.

RR
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

I monkeyed with it and got it working again, I must have done something to get the timing out of sync.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Today, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

I called Jack Huntington, who is now a much more upbeat person as he has new help that are good at what they do.
I told him the problem with my cartridge cases and he said send it back and he will resize all the cases and load and fire some so he knows they work.
He also said send the modified Grizzly back and he will rework the trigger guard to the shape I want.
He said this would be 100 bucks but he gave me 97 percent of the .458 Win, Mag cases I have so that is more than fair.

RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page