Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass/Bream/Crappie/Walleye Fishing (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/90-bass-bream-crappie-walleye-fishing.html)
-   -   favorite trout rig for still water (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/90-bass-bream-crappie-walleye-fishing/269510-favorite-trout-rig-still-water.html)

buckaroo65 07-15-2016 09:48 PM

favorite trout rig for still water

My favorite.trout fishing rig in lakes and deep ponds, sandpits is a standard slip sinker rig with a small capsule float right.aboue.The.hook, lip or tail hook a minnow. If using crawlers, I have a long.needle and syringe I thread the crawler on the.needle then the point of the hook goes in the end of the needle and.you push the crawler onto the hook and.leader. then shoot a tad of.air into the crawler so the whole thing floats. Works great for.walleyes, perch, bluegill too, anything.that will.eat a crawler when fishing.deeper water, say, 10.feet plus.

bugeye 07-16-2016 10:55 AM

Re: favorite trout rig for still water

There's a state park in north Georgia where I can go with a slip-sinker rig and worms, and catch a limit of stockers.
those fishing with a cork don't do so good. it seems that the bottom of the pool is much cooler in the summer, and everyone else fishes above their heads.
Love that fried trout.

Buck-Ridge 07-16-2016 03:05 PM

nightcrawler on a small light wire hook

cwlongshot 07-16-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck-Ridge
nightcrawler on a small light wire hook

I also use a worm blower. it inflates the worm to get it up off the bottom. I use split shot to a barrel weight depending on the depth.

Berkley GULP works remarkably well too. most of them float too.

Works well for me.

CW

buckaroo65 07-18-2016 12:33 AM

We have a pair of lakes aboutt 2 hours from my home town the upper one is huge, when full about twenty five miles long by five wide at the widest max depth is around 140. Right below.it is it's little sister much smaller and shallower but the water from the big lake is taken from depth so the little.lake.is always cold. It also has a heavy population of freshwater shrimp and crayfish, the trout out of there are stocked at around 10 inches but grow.about an inch and a half a.month. by the time they are around 14.inches their meat is as pink and tasty as any wild salmon. I wish I could get down there more.

Longknife 76 08-20-2016 11:50 AM

Buckaroo,,,, were is that lake and what is its name? I am wanting to go too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rtlsnkjake65 10-25-2016 11:47 PM

Lake ogallala bout ten miles north of.ogallala Nebraska.