Looking for gps/fish finder - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Default Looking for gps/fish finder

I'm looking for a good color fish finder with GPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:27 AM

Its only personal perference Im sure, but I find Lowrance to be the better brand. Ive owned Humminbird, Garmin, and Lowrance over many years and they are all pretty much dependable units, but the proof is in what you use today, and both my boats have Lowrance graph/gps units.

My Garmin display froze up on a Great Lakes trip,(Black River Bay on Lake Ontario), and considering it was a two week trip was a bit more than annoying. In fairness, Garmin repaired it, and it was flawless afterward.

Humminbird was a decent unit, however, if you use the speedometer for slow trolling you will not be happy. Humminbird replaced the unit twice, but they all were useless for that purpose.

Lowrance simply does what I want it to do without fail, every time, for three years, without quirks. I bought a second unit,(smaller model) for my jon boat, and the only thing is I wish I had gotten the five inch screen on the second one as well. The unit works as intended, just think a five inch,(or larger) screen is perferable.

Hope you find this useful.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 AM

Bought my first depth/fish finder in 1970, a Lowrance. Been using them ever since. Occasionally, I'd have to try a Hummingbird or I'd buy a boat already rigged with one. Had another brand or two as well, and, as the other Old Man said they all do a respectable job, but I've always gone right back to the Lowrance. The newer GPS units are totally awesome BTW. One of the best safety features ever put on a boat and as the mind gets a little older it seems to forget some of those really goods holes...that little box don't forget.
Walt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:08 AM

furuno. best way to go. that's all I have ever bought.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page