Fisherman reels in 102-pound catfish with rod 'not suited for this fish' - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Gun Cabinet
Default Fisherman reels in 102-pound catfish with rod 'not suited for this fish'

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...ll-fishing-rod

By Michael Bartiromo | Fox News

Quote:
A fisherman from Oxfordshire, England, reeled in a 102-pound catfish from the Rock Lakes in central France earlier this week, but he claims he was only expecting to catch a few carp.

"I knew it was a big fish but I didn't know how big until I saw it,” said 20-year-old Jack Griffiths, according to SWNS. “I was astonished. We needed bigger scales to weigh it on. It's the biggest fish I've ever caught."

Griffiths, a longtime fisherman, said he was forced to use “every muscle” in his body to reel in the catfish, which weighed more than two-thirds of what he does (147 pounds). He also put his fishing rod to the test, as it was only outfitted with 20-pound line.

"To say the rod I [used] wasn’t suited for this fish is an understatement,” he said, adding that it “stepped up to the job.”

Griffiths released the catfish back into the lake, but not before he snapped a few photos with it, and not before the fish left its mark on him.

Griffiths, who has been fishing since he was 3, said he was forced to use “every muscle” in his body to reel in the catfish.

"This fish battered and bruised me,” Griffiths said, per The Oxford Times. “I experienced aches and pains in places I’ve never felt before, but I sure wasn’t going to give in.”

Griffiths’ previous largest catch was a 33-pound carp.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:35 AM

Personally, I like'em about 1.5 pounds for eating.
fighting one like that would send me into cardiac arrest.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Yup for sure I'm not up to reeling in such a large fish. Those 3 pounds and under are best for eating.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 04:14 AM

Wow! Nice catch! 102-pound catfish is a big luck, I only heard about catfish like that. I even can't imagine how his rod didn't break. Man, really respect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page