Remake of "True Grit" with Jeff Bridges - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Default Re: Remake of "True Grit" with Jeff Bridges

Ya, I think they may have been back then too. When I was there, there was nobody else around except a few friends. It was nice because it is secluded and a kinda of primative campground. The hot spring ran down from way up hill somewhere and along the way someone had dug holes in the creek and lined them with stone blocks so they formed pools that would hold 4 to 6 people, maybe. There were three of them in the hot stream running down the mountainside. The hot stream ran through the camping area where it leveled out. It was a long time ago but it was nice back then, about 38yrs ago.

" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE." George Washington

ďOUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER." John Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 03:36 AM

They tried to re-make "Stagecoach" a couple of times, too. FLOPS!!!

"Republic: I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose. Some words give you a deep feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 AM

I actually saw a preview and it doesn't look half-bad. I'll give it a chance and see.

"Republic: I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose. Some words give you a deep feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 10:51 PM

I personally cant wait for this movie. I have seen a couple different trailers and it looks good. While the original had lots of different styles of gun in it I think this one will still be visually better since today there is more of a want to have authentic clothing, guns and other things. I love John Wayne movies and have tons of them on my rack. I love Western Movies though and there are not enough good ones being made. I think this one will be well done. Maybe a little darker than the first due to the age we live in now as opposed to the 60s-70s.

Here is a nice trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj-nt_v2xFI

And here is an even better trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810153253/video/22265614

I know a lot of John Wayne fans hate that someone is remaking a John Wayne great....but I say, if you like Western movies then try to go see this one at the theater. Even if after you dont like it. Show up and support them that way other movie makers see that there is still a large market for this type of movie.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 PM

You can bet I'll line up to get my ticket as soon as it comes to a theater near me. My oldest son and I were discussing it this evening, and he's anxious to see it too. From the trailers, (and don't stone me for a heretic) Jeff Bridges may just be better in this role than The Duke was. I always thought John Wayne's best movies were "The Searchers" and "The Shootist".

Thanks for the stump

The older I get, the better I was.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 PM

Well, the thing I like about JW is that he was pretty much the same guy off screen as on. He was a staunch patriot, and if it weren't for his 4f status, would likely have served. For me, it is hard to watch the likes of Sean Penn, Leo Decrapio, and other such traitors. Jeff Bridges is, however, a pretty good actor.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free. Ronaldus Maximus
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 AM

Jeff B has always been a favorite of mine but I remember him playing fuzz faced kids, Bad Company. Now he's playing an old man? I'm getting too old.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 06:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Hickok Send a message via Yahoo to Hickok

I have only one complaint with the original "True Grit" and that was Glenn Campbell! what a putz! John Wayne and Robert Duvall were excellent!

I just hope Mr. Bridges doesn't have the same disgusting sex scenes he acted out in "Wild Bill Hickok."

Montani Semper Liberi ><>
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemi
I never thought of John Wayne as an actor. Actors can play many roles. John Wayne only played one...John Wayne. He was simplly himself in every role he played.

Pete
And that's what made him Awesome.
No offense to Jeff B... but you can't improve on perfection , Hollywood needs to leave well enough alone.
Stop trying to recycle classics and come up with some new ideas. Jeff B in a western would be great to watch , but an original not a remake.. JMHO

Clint Eastwood Spaghetti westerns the same .., Loved 'em

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 AM

Well, saw the first official ad for the movie during the Cowboys' game today. Didn't look as good as the preview on the internet. Who knows? I'll go see it just to support the Western movie genre. But with all the thousands of really good western stories out there...why mess with a classic???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page