Happy Confederate Memorial Day! - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:17 PM

I was born in North Carolina and dragged all up and down the east coast when my Dad was in the Marines.. I headed back south as soon as I was able!
Don't even like to go nawth to visit!

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
Wishin’ a happy & prosperous Confederate Memorial Day to all good southrons.

Whichever you celebrate; Yankee Memorial Day or Confederate Memorial Day, I'll say a prayer for all the Americans that died serving their country, whether Yankee or Johnny Reb.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:01 AM

Ill give that one a Giant amen. (woops god in the politics sections) Ive served along side guys from every state in the union and they all bleed red for the red white and blue. They salute only ONE flag. Funny how when shtf state flags aren't good for much more then replacing the toilet paper that's allways in short supply. There are no words or prayers that can convey my real feelings toward those men and women who have died and could care less where there mom dropped them. Me I think there should be a national holiday for ALL the veterans of that war. Never in history were americans sent to war and death so wrongly by evil greedy rich powerful people on both sides. At least in viet nam the guys there knew it was a political mess. In the civil war with no communication and news all they knew was the line of bs there leaders brain washed them into believing. Those guys were sacrificed by the rich plain and simple. Funny thing is the northern soldiers were told it was for slavery and they killed thousands of southerners that 99 percent of couldn't afford slaves and the southern soldiers were told that the north wanted to oppress them when in fact the rich of the south already had taken care of that. Many of them lived lives not a lot better then the slaves. What was the north going to take away from some poor dirt farmer that had 20 acres to farm in North Carolina. My grandpa once made the comment that probably 75 percent of the soldiers on both sides of that war joined because it was the least amount of work they ever had to do to get fed every day and got the first new clothes they ever owned and even a pair of shoes! God Bless every one of them because if nothing else they showed anyone with an iq of over 60 how absolutely insane it is to fight your own countrymen. That is there legacy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolRanger View Post
Whichever you celebrate; Yankee Memorial Day or Confederate Memorial Day, I'll say a prayer for all the Americans that died serving their country, whether Yankee or Johnny Reb.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 01:21 PM

Our tradition is we stomped a mud hole in Japan for what they did to us at Bataan. No one around here regrets it.
In fact we celebrate it.
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 03:04 PM

NM memorial.We won.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	230998  

Last edited by Argent11; 05-30-2019 at 03:08 PM.
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:17 PM

It's good to be from South; just makes a person feel good.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
It's good to be from South; just makes a person feel good.
I have complete respect for the South it's very pretty. And the people were very friendly. Its that dang high
humidity and pollen that got to me. I still prefer the Western deserts though. I think it's more of a physical
thing than a cultural thing.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
It's good to be from South; just makes a person feel good. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
NSSA events have teams in both blue and gray. We stand in formation with .58’s at order arms during the national anthem. Every team is quiet. When Dixie starts playing, there is a huge roar!

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va rifleman View Post
NSSA events have teams in both blue and gray. We stand in formation with .58’s at order arms during the national anthem. Every team is quiet. When Dixie starts playing, there is a huge roar!
I'm from Virginia my grandpa's rode with our cousin Turner Ashby in the 7th Virginia Cavalry. Has my midwestern wife as learned in over 40 years. I'm American by birth but Virginian by grace of God.

P.S. Once we toured all the battlefields in the Valley, she understands why we are like we are.
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 03:47 PM

Let the South pay its respects. And honer it's heroes. And her traditions It's only the right thing to do. .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page