Be very careful. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Default Be very careful.

You may not want to know who these people were .
Like an SS Major hiding in the closet somewhere ,who served in N.Africa. Then in N. Poland.
Im NOT a Nazi , But he got the tattoo ,and he kept that to himself, but didn't they all say that in the end ?
Got his stiff ,its worth a lot if your into that sort of thing.
Flags ,Banners ,medals and uniform's , and a couple of Luger PO8s ,and a P38!
Something about a U234 ?
Oh well ,i wish i had known him. He shot an old Jewish man once because that man was marked for giving info to the wrong people.
The old man was dieing from cancer , He couldn't have held up under interrogation.
Surrendered himself ,and 200 men to the American's .

Show courage ,show unity .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Be very careful.

I agree, we have to take the bad along with the good.

My wife keeps gitting stonewalled at Ellis Island. That is as far as she can go.

My brother has gone back to the Revolutionary War on one side and back to England on the other. Three generation back we are related to a very famous Comedian, TV, and movie actor. But then he slammed us with the information we are related to the infamous VP that thinks the world is going to boil. Well we knew about a slight connection from my Dad's side. But now he brings in a closer connetion from my Mom's side as well.

Where is old Joe when we really need him? Alaska Independence Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Sourdough ,it is a shock to find out some things your family was keeping as dirty little secrets.
No one else would take his stuff ,so me and my wife did, and we have a lot of letters he had written to his wife before she passed away .
I cant read German ,so a friend of ours has been a big help here on this.
He was about as much a Nazi ,as i am an Obot. But he said in one letter you either did it ,or you joined those on the trains that were headed to the North.
The uniform is spooky as heck ,we only looked at it once ,and put it back in the trunk.
I guess that VP your talking about is ole Al baby isn't he ? WOW i don't know what is worse ,a Nazi or a Gore ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 08:48 PM

Wow! That's very interesting and all part of history.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Sourdough ,Hay the wife wants to know. Do you have any kin in N.Carolina ?

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 PM

I found that a 3 gr. grandfather murdered the first U.S. Marshall appointed to the position, then ran away to what is now Kentucky where he lived and died.

It bothered me for a while, until I realized I can't atone for ancestry's sins.

I will just leave them to God.

Take the good from the bad, and realize that often good comes from bad...

Where is the ammo?
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Boy ,this must be rouge's gallery night !
When i was in College ,i knew a kid that was somehow directly related to Bonnie Parker. I have forgotten what that relation was exactly.
His family had photo's of her ,and old news paper accounts of her and Clyde.
Pretty exciting stuff there .

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 PM

Cohort: I have met many folks with the same last name from N. Carolina, Virginia, and Goergia. We may be related, I do know my group of Hunters came from there in the late 1700s. I'm sure way back somewhere we are related, but no one seems interested in looking at the branches. Rog

Where is old Joe when we really need him? Alaska Independence Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM

I prefer to be an Island. ;D ;D

aka BBF
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:48 PM

Was talking to my Brother last night. So far he has followed my Mothers side back to Virginia. He traced the Williams family back to 1607, with the Virginia Company.

What Is A Veteran?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page