Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strange or Unusual Experiences In The Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/97-strange-unusual-experiences-outdoors.html)
-   -   Virtual assistants. (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/97-strange-unusual-experiences-outdoors/283842-virtual-assistants.html)

Argent11 01-08-2017 09:01 PM

Virtual assistants.

https://www.intellihub.com/amazon-ec...te-spy-device/

What's to say that they don't actually spy on you? If this is true, what would keep the one on your phone from doing the same thing? From an outside command while it's still on laying on your dresser? Even if you have activated it or not.

scibaer 01-16-2017 08:35 PM

it's is and they do .. both Google and the gov have admitted so

oldshooter 01-16-2017 10:21 PM

I think I can do without "Alexa" in my life right now. I don't think I need "something" listening or ordering products for me.

Now the door bell that has a camera in it that calls your smart phone when someone rings it might be nice.

goodshot 01-17-2017 01:49 PM

Better to rely on the Creators direction for our lives

scibaer 01-17-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldshooter (Post 2054860314)
I think I can do without "Alexa" in my life right now. I don't think I need "something" listening or ordering products for me.

Now the door bell that has a camera in it that calls your smart phone when someone rings it might be nice.

its part of a bigger plan, called the internet of things... youll be able to order groceries right from your fridge when you see youve gotten low on something.. or call up cooking instructions from your microwave as you make meal..
or buy a roll of toilet paper from amazon when you reach over and find your on the last roll ..

and alibaba , google and amazon will know your preferences for just about everything you buy, pages your visit online and where you go through out the day ( google maps tracks you now .. click on "your timeline" some time ..

Argent11 01-17-2017 06:35 PM

Siri is ok and very helpful at times, but she goes through these times of PMS lol. Won't talk, snaps at you or tells you to talk to her later.
She was doing that last night but she was fine in the morning.

Argent11 01-17-2017 06:51 PM

I think sometimes they are programing them to sound and act more human. But just watch the AMC series Humans where that is backfiring on humanity.

scibaer 01-17-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argent11 (Post 2054862322)
I think sometimes they are programing them to sound and act more human. But just watch the AMC series Humans where that is backfiring on humanity.

A. I. in computers is not that far off really.. in our lifetimes we will see fuzzy logic computers and processors that can learn and build logic layers all on thier own

Argent11 01-17-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scibaer (Post 2054862346)
A. I. in computers is not that far off really.. in our lifetimes we will see fuzzy logic computers and processors that can learn and build logic layers all on thier own

I agree and I keep up on this. But just hang onto your hat when they start walking around. As they are now, that is the goal of the industry. Fully autonomous, the only real restriction right now is the power supply and reducing the size of the CPU.
But that can be overcome by using wifi connected to a central unit.

Argent11 01-17-2017 07:15 PM

But I still don't see it happening in our lifetime. Not anything resembling a bipod. But there is always the
bio mechanical approach, as seen in the alian movies. Still far fetched.
And that's called an oddtogg.