LBT lead hardness tester - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Default LBT lead hardness tester

I don't know if my LBT lead hardness tester got knocked off the shelf or what but it is in pieces. Can I send it back for repair and re-calibration?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 02:51 AM

Default Re: LBT lead hardness tester

If it hasn't been driven over, through a building fire, or more than 36 years old, I'll fix it for $25 which will include return postage to any US address. (I started making them 36 years ago, have sold thousands, and only get a half dozen or so per year returned for repair. ) I'm a little proud of that because NONE show any wear of the working parts. They all work perfect with a bit of adjustment, parts etx.

Veral Smith
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Outstanding! I'll get it packaged up and sent out very soon. That's a great service!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

As the Great Bugs Bunny would say: "What a maroon!" In looking at LBT's website for a mailing address, I came across the PDF file for the hardness tester instructions. In a lower paragraph you describe the exact situation were the brass pin has come out of the detents, and how that might occur in shipping. Following the INSTRUCTIONS, and reading how it is okay to bend the support arms to hold the brass rod I was able to repair the hardness tester myself. I tested some bullets and received identical, repeatable readings and am satisfied my tester works as before.
I was also reminded to re-read my copy of Jacketed Bullet Performance with Cast Bullets. It has been too long since I last read it.
Thanks Veral for all of your work in this field.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 01:21 AM

I like it when customers take a hand at fixing my products themselves because they know a lot more about it after doing their own fix, and will probably never need help with repair again.

Veral Smith
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:42 AM

Default Looking for an LBT hardness tester

I am interested in an LBT hardness tester . Is it still available today or has it been discontinued ???
Thanks for your help on this matter as I am having a hard time finding out if they are even available. Ron Keyser 425-761-4998
I am up above you a little bit here in Spokane but would absolutely love to be able to buy a LBT hardness tester from you or anyone else for that matter . Thanks Ron
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Veral doesn't visit here anymore. You will need to call or e-mail him.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page