Very old Lyman mould defect. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Default Very old Lyman mould defect.

Bought a box of mixed moulds more than 30 years ago and had a look at a .45 - 292gr mould. To my surprise/demise the top of the blocks where not scheamed down enough.A little ridge remained underneath the sprue plate within the cavity. I have no doubt that Lyman would repair/replace it but going through all the red tape and the possibility to loose it here in SA at the postal service, I'd rather take my chances and fix it myself. Before I jump into it, some ideas how to go about this, as I do not want to ruin the mould. Think twice, measure trice and jump.

The first name of Freedom is Amendment the 2'nd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 06:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to gene_225

Would probably be for a gas check. If you don't push it to fast and use hard lead you should be OK.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:14 AM

If the mold is worth something send it back to Lyman then you know it"s fixed right , as far as shipping insure it . My guns are real important but I still ship when needed /Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:33 PM

A close up shot of the cavity would insure better advice is given, close enough that the block fills at least 2/3 of the screen.

2120-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur /C H Nimitz
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional , illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of cr*p by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" really means.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page