Graybeard Outdoors banner

Soft sided scabbard for a take down rifle

891 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lloyd smale 
#1 ·
I'm building a survival rifle and I'm looking for a soft sided scabbard for it I would like to know if any of you guys would know of any ? I would like it to be able to hold extra ammo and a fixed blade knife and some other survival gear the rifle already has some survival items in the stock .what I'm leaning towards is one that is made by Skinner sights or the small case that is made for the Ruger PC 9 not the cheap one but the one that is made like a small backpack .

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

#3 ·
youll laugh but what I use for my ar15 pistols is a Wilson tennis racket case. It has a strap to throw over your shoulder and you can walk down main street and not get a second look. Also no attention if someone peeks in that back set of the truck and sees one. I keep the 7 inch 300 bo under the rear seat in one. Well unless your in a small town like I am and everyone knows you don't play tennis or shoot golfs! I bought two of them and took some of the foam out of boxes palmetto ships there uppers in and used trim adhesive to glue it on on the inside. They even have an outside zip pocket you can carry a mag or two in. Might not be a great idea for an area where tennis is popular but weve got a run down court that I havent seen anyone use in 20 years. So not to many are going to want to break in my truck for a tennis racket. For my 4.5 in 9mm ar15 I use a ruger 1022 take down case. Fits in there perfectly along with 5 mags. I painted over the red RUGER so it wouldn't attract attention and us a bungy to strap it on the roll bar in the back of my jeep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.