Graybeard Outdoors banner

Traditions Nitrofire, things have gotten ridiculous

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DEACONLLB 
#1 ·
So now there is a breechloading/muzzleoading rifle by Traditions, that uses a pre-measured charge cartridge. Pretty soon they will invent a completely self-contained cartridge firearm. Oh wait, that would be a rifled shotgun. So, this new wonder rifle limits you to using a charge of either 100 or 120 grains. What if your best accuracy is really at a charge of 85 or 112 grains ? You'll never know.

I am just saying muzzleloaders have evolved into something completely unnnecessary. There was really not much wrong with loose powder, and percussion caps,. We really don't need pellets, primer carriers, pre-measured powder cartridges. It seems like Traditions, CVA and T/C come out with new models every year. However, the old 1971 H & R Huntsman, or Marlin MLS-50, using loose powder and #11 caps still get the job done. We do not need change just for the sake of change. How many shots at deer where lost because someone forgot to unscrew the safety on the Knight rifles. Complexity does not always get you benefit.

#6 ·
Same in Indiana - loaded ONLY from the muzzle. And I hope they don't go changing the language to allow a breechloader (even if only half the load) to be used in muzzleloader season.

I wouldn't buy it just because of the expense as well as the inability to customize your powder charge. They are planning to be stuck with only two choices right now.

#9 ·
The gun company's just keep pushing so they can sell more guns but quite a few states say it must load from the front and some do not allow scopes. It is the same way with bow season we really don't need cross bows with scopes and all the other things they have to go with them.

Deaconllb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.