Graybeard Outdoors banner

Gak! Subway chicken

713 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Bob Riebe 
#1 ·
Went to subway today and had something I've never tried. Chicken teriyaki sub. That ain't chicken. I think its mcnugget and soy msterial. Do not buy. Yechhh.

#3 ·
Conan, I have never figured out why it is that some people get grossed out when they eat real chicken right off the bone yet they like that ground up chicken by product stuff covered with batter. Most of it is so bad that the batter has an onion flavor added as a cover up.

Chicken Nuggets....not on my life!

#5 ·
I do not (OK, chicken salad sandwich from a deli gets a pass) order chicken sandwiches.
On the rare, usually because, some one gets it for me, I get a sandwich with chicken, I eat the chicken without the bun.
A Chicken sub. to me is like ordering a lettuce sandwich, no taste worth spending money on, PLUS, I will not order a sweet sub. or sandwich period. (Here you get screwed if the chicken salad is not made with real mayo but one of those sugar bowl fake mayos.)

Now the other day, I went to Benton Station in Sauk Rapids, Mn, a true dive bar with a good cook, and had a full size turkey sub., not one bit bad, but their Roast Beef are packed full of good roast beef best for the money even without a coupon..

I have found a lot of dive bars that serve food such a home made pizza and subs, not just a beer and burger joint, are a hit miss affair.
Some great at a good price , and others, well, at least as good as the average chain sub. joint.

#10 ·
I don’t know as location would really matter. It all comes from the same processing plant, then to a distribution center. There they load a semi trailer with perhaps 40 stores worth of product.

I have begun to stop at Jimmy Johns. The meat to bread ratio is much better. If you compare similar subs the price is similar as well.

I can recommend Jersey Mikes as well as Firehouse subs too. Each of the three I’ve mentioned are far and away higher quality experiences than Subway. Subway seems to have a lock on less than optimal real estate though, and can be found anywhere. I always joke about how they’ll put one in a trailer court if they could get the delivery truck in there.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

#9 ·
Talking about sandwiches when we lived in calif back in the early seventies there was a place in Sonoma Calif. Jack Londons home town, called the cheese factory and they made a Beef Pastrami sandwich on a sour dough bun that was out of this world, meat piled high and only a buck I have never been able any place in the states that made one that good. Now Subway the only sandwich that they make that I like is their roasted chicken breast. There was also another shop in town called the bread factory where you could buy French bread hot right out of the oven, man it was good.

Deaconllb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.