Graybeard Outdoors banner

Helping hands.

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bugeye 
#1 ·
John called me Friday and told me a lady, wife of a fellow where we had a bee yard till he passed away and she sold the property wanted some honey.

After getting that matter cleared up we were talking about how his hunting has been going since our last Sunday meeting a week ago. He said it was going OK but He was going to bring up at next Sundays meeting his paralyzed waist down cousin.

His nane is Mike same as the fellow we had taken out of the partner draw at the last meeting. Any way Mike # 2 had a bad back ache went to the hospital one night in extreme pain. He had an amarizim, was air lifted to a big hospital near Detroit. They operated and saved his life but came out paralyzed from the waist down. He had bought a side by side ATV before this happened. John and mikes son in law worked it over so all the controls are hand controls so he can operate it. John has also added a swing away rifle rest on it so mike can hunt out of it. John said he was going to bring up Sunday at the meeting having some farms where John could take Mike and his ATV to hunt.

We have had a rule we ski, snow shoe or walk into where we are going to make sets. But I see no reason why John and Mike as a team cannot use the ATV to get mike out and hunting myself.

After all nearly all the farms we hunt are a result of John back in 2002 telling a farmer at the feed store we would take care of his coyote problem, thru word of mouth all the rest have come about except for about 5 we have gotten by knocking on a door. We are a team a close knit bunch always happy to take a new person out for a few trips to show them the ropes.

:D Al

See less See more
#2 ·
Good work there friend. keep it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.