Graybeard Outdoors banner

Bride to be demands that guest cover tatoos, dye her hair.

3K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  p51 
#1 ·
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/bridezilla-demands-guest-cover-tattoos-dye-hair

Bridezilla demands guest cover tattoos and dye hair or be disinvited

By Janine Puhak | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines for June 14 are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com

That’s no way to treat your wedding guests.

One cranky bride-to-be has allegedly demanded that one of her wedding guests totally change her appearance for her upcoming nuptials – or be disinvited – as the woman’s look “clashes” with the bridezilla's wedding day aesthetic.

The partygoer from Melbourne, Australia, recently voiced her woes in a private wedding-shaming Facebook group, The Sun reports. The author detailed that the mean-spirited bride recently asked her over text message if she would consider dying her blue hair to a “natural” shade and cover her tattooed arms for the mid-summer wedding.

One cranky bride-to-be has allegedly demanded that one of her wedding guests totally change her appearance for her upcoming nuptials, as the woman’s look “clashes” with the bridezilla's wedding day aesthetic. (iStock)

BACHELORETTE PARTY GUEST ARRESTED AFTER SHE ALLEGEDLY DRANK 2 BOTTLES OF WINE, 'WENT PSYCHO,' TRASHED AIRBNB

"So with my wedding, I wanted to ask if you could please make sure your tattoos are covered and could you maybe fix your hair up so it's a natural color? We've put a lot of work into our theme and I'm sorry but your look clashes with it,” the engaged woman began. “Even if you just put some spray or something on your hair for the night.”

“I just want it to all look perfect and I can send you some ideas,” the bridezilla continued, offering that she could forward ideas for “nice long sleeve dresses” or a jacket. Alternatively, the bridezilla said that she made the same requests of another wedding guest, suggesting that the pair “could go shopping together.”

The guest, naturally, was taken aback by the request.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

"Umm the wedding is in summer so I'm not sure I could wear a long sleeve dress or jacket? I'm really sensitive to heat so I just don't think I can do that if it's a hot day,” the partygoer replied.

She agreed to investigate hair dye sprays, but didn’t want to dye it altogether, as it took “a lot of work” to get it to the shade she wanted, the Sun reports.

The bride, meanwhile, wasn’t too happy with that answer.

"I know it's hot but it's my one day so if you can't suck it up, I feel like you don't really care about me or [the groom] and probably shouldn't come,” the bridezilla allegedly clapped back. “I'm not asking much and it's not my fault you get hot. Buy some makeup for your tattoos then if you want to be at my wedding, you'll figure it out.”

"If you turn up on the day without anything covered, you won't be let into the venue,” she claimed.

The shocked wedding guest fired back that tattoo-concealing makeup was “crazy expensive,” to which the bride snipped that the woman’s money issues weren’t her “problem.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Though the blue-haired wedding guest wasn’t in the woman’s bridal party, the bold bride argued that the woman would “ruin” photos on the big day if she didn’t heed her style instructions.

Though the blue-haired wedding guest wasn’t in the woman’s bridal party, the bold bride argued that the woman would “ruin” photos on the big day if she didn’t heed her grooming instructions. (iStock)

"It doesn't matter that you're not in the wedding party, you'll still be in photos and you will ruin them,” she reportedly said. “You're very pretty normally but your look doesn't work for my wedding and it is very fair to ask you to do something simple so that my day is perfect."

The unhappy wedding guest plans to approach the woman’s fiancé in two weeks to further discuss the matter, according to the Sun.

Janine Puhak is an editor for Fox News Lifestyle. Follow her on Twitter at @janinePuhak

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, if the bride doesn't want a blue monkey at her wedding, that's her prerogative.

When you tat yourself and paint your hair blue, you must accept the baggage that goes with it.
It's like gays and atheists trying to force their idiocy on everyone.

Brides choice. :)

#3 ·
I wouldn't want her around either. Who wants to be around somebody like that?? Not me. UNinvite her. CHARLIE.

#5 · (Edited)
While I consider tats and metal installed in the skin as unsightly, especially on a woman. The bride should have decided if this woman was her friend or not; and decide if she was acceptable as she was.

Of course, if a girl wants to carry a batch of blue ink under her skin, she has to be ready to handle the baggage that comes with it !

The ancient Scottish warriors, the Picts, painted themselves blue with woad, before the fight, but washed it off after the battle.

#6 ·
It's her wedding.

I myself wouldn't want to see a tattoo on any female, but I suppose I'm old school. I surely don't want to look at pastel colored hair or bright weird colors.. my SIL has some hideous red colored hair. She has a red tattoo, but it is on her waist and hidden.

#10 ·
In a perfect world, all that Ubangi body decoration wouldn't be allowed, but then I guess freedom requires that people be allowed to desecrate what nature gave them. A little tattoo and some reasonable bangles--okay, but like everything else, there is a difference between scratching your butt and tearing a hole in it.

#11 · (Edited)
The Bride invites couples, family, individuals, and their guest. Often the pin cushion and/or peacock is a surprise when they show up. But a mindful and educated Bride would ordinarily IGNORE the other, as would most. It is a "Jerry Springer" / "Trailer Trash" Bride mentality that spawns reactions to these irregularities.

#16 ·
It is a "Jerry Springer" / "Trailer Trash" Bride mentality that spawns reactions to these irregularities.

Yep. Tats, piercings and colored hair are more the norm nowadays than not. Does one really think the friend is going to be any more offensive looking than the bridesmaid dresses? In most weddings, that is what ruins the wedding party pictures, not some random guest in the background. Me thinks that maybe there is more to the story than what is provided. Maybe the groom digs tats and blue hair?

60 years ago when I was a little boy I saw my first "blue " hair at my oldest sister's wedding. It was my great aunt. Remember when old ladies used to get their grey hair dyed blue when they went to the beauty salon to gt their hair "bent'?

#12 · (Edited)
It's an attention getting thing from folks that think they NEED more attention. A few years ago a local store hired what WOULD have been a very pretty girl. She was covered with crap. Arms, back of hands, all the way up her neck, pins, tacks, rings in her face, lips, and nose. She gave me a big smile then said, you like?? I said, you look like s h I t. Never saw her again. The message they send to me is, HEY look at me, I'm stoopid. CHARLIE. :tango_face_surprise

#13 ·
I don't much care one way or the other.
If they wanna look stupid, I can only assume they probably act stupid, because they are stupid.
So I just don't visit much with that sorta freak.

#17 ·
I really don't have an issue with any of it. I have my ears pierced and they used to be stretched back in highschool, I have tattoos in honor of my grandfather and great grandmother. I have multiple family members who are much more tattooed than I, one cousin has probably close to $7k in artwork done (military) and another cousin who has lost count on quantity and cost. She has sleeves down both arms, her legs and back are covered, and pink and black hair, the only places she won't tattoo are:face and neck. I can tell you that both of my arms will be done completely, possibly my hands.

#18 ·
DKG. Knock yourself out big guy, whatever trips your trigger. Why folks want to oogly themselves up with tats, rings, pins, tacks in their face, lips, ears, tongue, nipples, and belly button is beyond me. When you finish your masterpiece take plenty of pics, post em here on GBO. No doubt others here want to admire the new you, do it like a before and after. CHARLIE.

#21 · (Edited)
I've got a knife scar on my right hand, and right lower abdomen, and some small shotgun pellet scars on the right side of my upper back/shoulder.

Does that count as "art"?🤪

#26 ·
We live in a world where everyone feels they have to have all eyes on them.
Facebook, tats, crazy hair colors, it's all rooted in a shallow concept of, "LOOK AT ME!"
This is where we are these days. Many people have to make spectacles of themselves. I once did a lecture at a high school and talked with the teachers between groups. They said the one thing that drove them nuts about teens these days was when you asked them what they wanted to be for a living, most would only say, "famous" and they didn't care how or why.
Bridezilla? Yeah, maybe, but I wouldn't have wanted a tatted-up person with pink hair screaming for attention at my wedding, either.

#35 · (Edited)
"Umm the wedding is in summer so I'm not sure I could wear a long sleeve dress or jacket? I'm really sensitive to heat so I just don't think I can do that if it's a hot day,” the partygoer replied.

She agreed to investigate hair dye sprays, but didn’t want to dye it altogether, as it took “a lot of work” to get it to the shade she wanted, the Sun reports.
Right there is Part A to the answer, and it is staring her in the face, just don't go. And honestly, I don't see why she could not figure that out. Since she is the one that just has to have that special shade of blue hair, then have it. But she needs to graciously decline the wedding invitation.

Though the blue-haired wedding guest wasn’t in the woman’s bridal party, the bold bride argued that the woman would “ruin” photos on the big day if she didn’t heed her style instructions.
Right there is Part B to the answer, the bride needs to tell that chick that she ain't welcome. And just rescind the invitation.

Orange Tattoo Neck Arm Plant

And, if this picture represents what the tattoo chick looks like; I would not want her in my house, much less at a wedding.

#36 ·
And, if this picture represents what the tattoo chick looks like; I would not want her in my house, much less at a wedding.

SUSPECT. ME either my dogs would think we were under attack. There's one guy here would think she's sexy, gonna tat his arms all up to match. GOLLY, I wonder
why we never see cashiers or other personnel in the public looking like her. Could it be because they don't WORK?? CHARLIE.:tango_face_surprise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.