Graybeard Outdoors banner

My bones feel it!

838 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  doublebass73 
#1 ·
Friday morning my son arrived to go bird hunting. The wind was blowing out of the southwest and the birds were sitting tight. We killed our limit of three birds each. Saturday we hunted all day long and killed 5 birds. Then yesterday most of the day and got another 5.

My fitbit shows 17.83 miles walked since Friday morning up and down hills, across ditches/creeks and by mid afternoon slipping in the mud as temps got up to 50. Last night I sat in my chair and thought about how my 62 year old legs feel like rubber. I said to my wife, "I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow so that I can rest up." Well, I got to work at 6AM and there are 4 huge boxes full of filters in front of my door with a note from the boss saying that he is taking a days of vacation to day and that he wants me to replace filters on the rooftop units today. I just set the ladder up on the side of this building and man does it look like along way up that ladder........come on legs you can do it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.