Graybeard Outdoors banner

2019 VT buck

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  doublebass73 
#1 ·
Got this buck Thanksgiving afternoon. 8pt, 170Lbs. Still surprises me how few people post on this forum.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! That's a healthy looking buck. It's good to see a fellow New Englander fill their tag this season. Northern New England is a very challenging place to hunt deer, I consider any deer a trophy here. I've had a bunch of seasons where I didn't see a single deer all season. I lucked out big time this season. The NH opener for firearms was Nov. 13 and I shot this buck after only being in the woods for a couple hours which is completely unheard of.

#7 ·
It was an 8 pointer and dressed weight was 150. Most of my seasons involve only seeing does as well. That was why I took opening day off from work, it's the only day we're allowed to shoot does in my area. The does must have known because I didn't see any.

#9 ·
A couple of FINE bucks there! I've not hunted for deer in N.E. for a decade or more, but have been to one state or another about 8-9 times. My largest was killed in the Sebec Lake region, back in the late '80s. I do still enjoy the Maine bear season and will be there again this coming September.

Congratulations to you both!!

Attachments

#10 ·
I've never been picked in the moose lottery but a couple friends have been drawn both in NH and Maine. The amount of tags they give out in NH is way down because of the population being so low now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.