Graybeard Outdoors banner

Something new is coming soon

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Ex 49er 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I saw one of my bucket list guns on Gunbroker. I've been itching to get a Lahti M40 9mm for about a year.
Someone had one that had Danish WWII home-guard markings on it. I was the only bidder and won it. It arrived at my local
store on Monday. It is a beauty and it is a huge handful. I'll have to wait about 3 more weeks until I can do the paper on it.
It has a great bore and I've gotten a few more magazines for it. Looking forward to taking it to the range and trying it out.

#7 ·
Be careful with that mortar. Them things is addicting. I got a beer can mortar and then a golfball mortar. Then came a 1" Napoleon and
then I had Dom Carpenter make a Golfball Parrot with an extra 1" bore barrel. There are 2 Seacoast Artillery small breechloaders and
a couple of other little cannons, too. I've got my eye on another Browning Hi Power, too.

#8 ·
I brought the Lahti home today. Field stripped it and thoroughly cleaned and oiled it. I found a place
for it in the safe and soon I'll take it to the range and try it out. It has to be the biggest and
heaviest 9mm pistol I've ever handled.

#11 ·
Congratulations on the Lahti, I will take you at your word it happened.
You will keep us up to date on this, I know.
If you had your eye on my Hi-Power you could make all three of us happy,
you, me, Santa,
It's about 1975 manufacture, Belgium, has Packmyers, no original grips.
best wishes

#15 ·
I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you had to wait 3 more weeks to get it until I looked at your location....sorry.

Being Swedish made I'm sure it's built like a tank and the parts are fitted like a fine watch.

Look like this?

Thanks, Dinny

Reactions: Ex 49er
#16 ·
Yep, looks exactly like that except the grips are brown and on the other side of the slide there are markings indicating that it was part of
a contract for the Danish government during WWII.
Commiefornia's governor doesn't think very highly of it's gunowners and keeps imposing new rules, regs, and fees against us. Lots of
people are moving away. I'm over 65 and my whole life is as a Californian: friends, Dr., banking, shopping, etc. Too much to pull up stakes and
move somewhere else.

#17 · (Edited)
I had range duty this afternoon. I took the Lahti with me and put 2 boxes of shell through it. The backstrap is kind of narrow and the web of my hand by my thumb was being pounded. I put a shooting glove on and cured that. The accelerator guarantees that recoil is sharp. I need to shoot it more in the future to get a better handle on the mechanics of it.