Graybeard Outdoors banner

Traditional bow hunting

967 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Alaska682 
#1 ·
Does anyone hunt waterfowl with a traditional bow? and have any tips, been thinking about trying it this next season.

#3 ·
If I were seriously interested I think Snow Goose hunting might be a great way to get started.

From what I hear the shooting opportunities can be abundant. Nothing like actual shots on game to sharpen shooting skills.

Full disclosure, it been over 40 years since I crawled up on a couple ducks in a field pond. No ducks were injured in my adventures.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

#4 ·
I never tried ducks or geese but I did try phesants out of 3 outings over 2 yrs I missed 10 and shot 3 w/my longbow problem was I did not recover any of them did not have a dog 3 no recoverys was to many for me. Kurt

#5 ·
I would imaging waterfowl would be very doable as long as you can stay hidden and let them come to you, waterfowl is too greasy for my taste (some tell me I'm crazy) so I haven't tried ducks or geese.
I do shoot grouse with my bow all the time (not to mention turkeys), i used to shoot pigeons in the barn with my bow to get ready for deer season when i was a kid, along with woodchucks in the fields.
You can hunt anything with a bow and arrow if you do your part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.