Graybeard Outdoors banner

350 legend

18K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  Rushcreek 
#1 ·
Is there any single shot rifle maker that will make this caliber. It would be good for primative hunting in Louisiana.

#34 ·
I have used many Maxi loads in my Legend. They have all been light.

CW

#35 ·
The same component recipes I used in the 350 L were also used in reloading the 357 max.
The 350 Legend did better in the 158gr jsp and better in the Lee 204gr gas checked. The 357 max did relatively better than the 350 L with the 180gr jsp Speer.
I will post pictures later on that.
Camba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
Today's range test for the 350 Legend CVA Scout V2 rifle.
I am liking this rifle/caliber combination!

Attachments

#37 ·
I happily found a great cast plinking kid with 4198 powder and a SAECO cast 180 bullet. It shoots almost 1500 FPS and shoots under 1” @ 50.

Yesterday I cast a new bullet. It’s profile is nearly exactly a RCBS 358-200-FN Profile but it’s a MP Mold dropping 220g @ 359 diameter. It’s nose section is .349 so a bore rider. I am hoping it will work in the RUGER Bolt that is my own Legend. Being a HP I can ask hardness to get expansion where I want it velocity wise.

CW

#38 ·
I am getting good results with aa2230 powder for the 170gr GDFP and the Speer Ho-Cor 180 gr jsp with cci-450 primers. In my rifle (cva scout v2 350 legend) does not show any signs of pressure with a compressed load of 32.2gr of as2230.
I am wondering how fast they are at this load.
I need to take my chrony to the range to get velocities for my load data. I will share when available.

Disclaimer:
This load works fine in my rifle. Not all rifles are created equal so work up your loads.

Camba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.