Graybeard Outdoors banner

Flu shots

5K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  dcw 
#1 ·
any of you ever get sick from a flu shot?

#31 ·
My wife and I got the shot last November as we always do. The flu season seems to have passed here and neither of us have had the flu. The only time we have ever had the flu sine starting the shots was after the original flu had passed and another strain slipped in behind it a couple of years ago. The flu was at close to epidemic levels and we didn't get it. Then there was a lull and then another round of flu because of the different strain and we were two sick puppies for awhile.

#33 ·
Doesn't much matter I guess if you get the shot or not this year if the coronavirus gets rolling. They are calling it a superspreader and much worse than typical flu.

#36 ·
Initially this year the Infectious disease Dr felt the flu shot triggered an immune response that was directly responsible for the fourth time return of the superbug the hospital was kind enough to let me take home after my February surgery. Since there is another theory now, on what has been causing recurrance of the nasty little critters it seems only fair to report it also, since the original diagnosis could scare someone away from the flu shot.

One of my heart medications has caused some problems that kept me needing to stay very close to a toilet for most of the morning. Nothing earth shaking with a common side effect like that, so they virtually say live with it. Once the superbug got hold that water pill was set aside due to dehydration. Once the vancomycin did it's job, back on the medication....bang! Bug is back in force! Happened each time, but no one made an association, "It can't do that". After this last time with the problem bug resurfacing the next day after the pill we discontinued the medication, against Drs' orders, and two weeks later, without another regiment of vancomycin, I am 100% symptom free!

You be the judge. Do I follow medical advice or common sense? I plan on another flu shot next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.