Graybeard Outdoors banner

Mcace adapters still in business?

22K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Lt. Dave 
#1 ·
This seemed to be the most appropriate forum for this question-is mcace still in business?I have been thinking about acquiring a 357 adapter and a 32 h&r mag adapter for a breakopen shotgun.I want a longer one, 8-10 inch insert most of the adapters I see online are 3-4 inches.mcace seems to have disappeared from the net and they offered the longer inserts/barrel liners.Any one have any ideas?or alternatives that are basically plug and play?ie no machine shop needed.

thanks in advance

#4 ·
Here's a copy of a cached page with contact info.

Tim

WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT US? READ ON!

Back in the 1950's, Harry Owens founded a company known as Sports Specialties to manufacture chamber adapters and barrel inserts to meet the needs of hunters and shooters all over the world. After his death, Bill Herrick continued the Sports Specialties product line under the new name of MCA Sports.

After several years, Bill was offered a deal he couldn't refuse and unretired himself to a full time job. He no longer has the time to attend to MCA Sports and has passed the reins on to me. So, MCA Sports has now moved far north to the Last Frontier in Anchorage, Alaska, which, contrary to some folks' thinking, really is part of the United States.

As for me, I was born in Alaska back before it was a State. I spent my youth growing up in our family's gold mine. I don't know if I was Alaska's only five year old explosives expert, but I do know I was our camps smallest powder monkey!

I've been a competitive shooter for thirty years and an NRA life member since 1970. I've been a whitewater rafting guide and a licensed hunting guide. Need less to say, guns, hunting and the outdoors are in my blood.

How about a 10 gauge Winchester shotgun?

I started out casting bullets as a hobby seven years ago, then turned it into an occupation. I have been specializing in antique, oddball and unheard of caliber's and have had customers all over the world. So, how did MCA Sports end up here?

While guiding, I spent eleven days on a five day moose hunt with Bill Herrick in a two man tent in a seventy mile an hour wind storm. That got us swapping stories, and when Bill reluctantly had to give up MCA Sports, he thought of me.

So MCA Sports has a new home in the Last Frontier. Bill will be holding my hand for the next two years and you can rest assured that you will get the same level of service and quality that you have come to expect. The same fine machinist who has been with MCA Sports for the past 14 years is still with us. To him, and to you, a thousandth of an inch makes a world of difference.

Please take your time and browse our pages. If you have any questions, or want to order, E-mail us at lilred@ak.net. If you want, you can write us or call us at:

MCA Sports/Ace Bullet Company
2800 West 33rd Road
Anchorage, Alaska 99517-2201
(907) 248-4913

Thanks and good shooting!
Ace Dube

HOME INSERTS ADAPTERS BULLETS

#5 ·
last doo-dad i bought like that came from short lane arms/gun adapters.com

i was pleased with the service and quality. i had a discount code from somewhere,
backwoodsman magazine i think

#12 ·
For starters, you can get them up to 18" in length. I have a.45 ACP by 18" for the 12 GA. Works fine. I did have the barrel beveled at the beach end so I can slip my fingernail under the rim rather than remove the barrel to unload it. I have a .223X.22 lr which they replaced when the first one split. No problem with it. I like doing business with them.

I have some Shortlane inserts which are smooth bore. They have a nicer finish but don't work any better than the MCA inserts.

#18 ·
Grab a gun has had some of the xcaliber inserts at half price in the past. I would not pay full price,
For my two cents worth of advice;
I would save my money and buy the longer one from ACE. Do you want something to play with for a couple days or something to actually use for years?

#20 ·
UPDATE. Ace Dube, MCACE, Ace bullets is still in business. I spoke with him tonight. I requested a catalog, if you "Send him a couple stamps." He will mail you a paper catalog. I spent about a hour going in circles trying to find an active website to no avail. I don't do f@ceb○○k. Just calling him seems the best way to get ahold of him. 7-8 hours different time zone than me, so keep that in mind in lower 48. His # 907-248-4913. Mailing address is MCACE 2800 West 33rd Ave Anchorage, AK. 99517. Regards Bryan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.