Graybeard Outdoors - Reply to Topic
Thread: Facebook! A Mindless Pile of Accumulating BS! Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
02-02-2020 08:59 AM
Dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
an open book you cant resist reading. Guess it takes one to know one[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/images/GreyBeardOutdoors_toucan/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/IMG] and its not everyone. Matter of fact its the same half dozen all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
...

And, when know one else is arguing, you have the gift of "insulting everyone". "For no good reason".
You truly are; an open book.
An open book I can't resist reading.
Interesting perspective.

Lloyd it's more of a "play book" describing the same play over, and over, and over. As to reading it?After about 3 sentences, I know its the same play.

As my inability to resist?
If I could snap my fingers and make it disappear?
I would.

Lloyd, go back to post #1, and read ALL THE POSTS, including your own. Play close attention, as to whom has criticism for anyone on this forum, or thread.

Your it brother.

It has been a rather long friendly conversation among several good folks, about a website, with differing opinions, and discussion of how it was, and is, used. Civil questions, civil answers. Everything "civil".

No arguing, no insults, just back and forth opinions, and discussion.

Then in walks ole Lloyd. Unprovoked, handing out "group insults", and looking for a fight.

Proverbs Chapter 26 verse 21.
02-02-2020 08:03 AM
Mule 11 Yep dumb as a rock...
02-02-2020 07:10 AM
lloyd smale Kind of chuckle. Some here bashing facebook because its a place where phony's can be whatever they want to pretend to. Kind of like on here where people make up a name and the closest you can come to an address is south of the mason Dixon line and pretend to be a gun expert or biblical scholar. I can see why some of you don't feel the need to facebook. You already greybook.
02-02-2020 07:04 AM
lloyd smale either that or you lived you whole life not owning your comments and aren't about to start here. Funny thing is im on probably a half a dozen fourms about daily. Have been for 20 years and on each and every one of them I use my real name and location. I have NOT ONCE had one bit of problems with doing so. What am I suppose to be worried about anyway? One of you candy @$$## coming and paying me a visit. It's one punch bowl you SURE wouldn't be to smart to take a swim in. Need a phone number, map even some gas money???? I stand up for what I believe in. I own everything I say. If I wasn't willing to put my name on it I wouldn't say it. They call that being a MAN. Wonder if our president decided to post on here if he would pick the name of a jackass to hide behind??? Id about bet knowing him he WOULD LEAVE NO DOUBT who he was or hide behind a made up name. He would stand behind what he said. You kind of remind me of the liberals on cnn and nsnbc over the last couple days calling the conservatives that have the balls to stand up and be counted not near as smart as they are. Ill say this with no reservations. Dee and ironglow have gotten the best of me on a couple arguments and ive had to admit I was wrong. You on the other hand have NEVER even came close. Why? Because for the most part all you every do is hang on there coat tails. Just a groupie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
Yep. Some of us are smart enough not to use our real names and don’t care to take a swim in the punch bowl either...
02-02-2020 06:44 AM
lloyd smale an open book you cant resist reading. Guess it takes one to know one and its not everyone. Matter of fact its the same half dozen all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
...

And, when know one else is arguing, you have the gift of "insulting everyone". "For no good reason".
You truly are; an open book.
02-01-2020 06:56 PM
Mule 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
just as much so the argument can be made that the internet is the best outlet to pretend to be something you are not and what people see here is FAR from the reality in person. 75 year old bad [email protected]@&@ and high school grad bible scholars and wanabe gun experts that don't even load there own ammo. Its a breading ground for phony's. Its why people don't even use there real names or addresses. They claim there worried about getting hacked or some nonsense but ive been over 20 years on many different forums and used my real name and where I live and don't even have an active antivirus and have yet to be hacked or my personal info used for anything. Your not worried about someone knowing your name. You do it so you can say what you want without any consequences! So you can pretend to be something your not. They don't use there real names because they don't own what they post. Anything I say I stand behind and in the past here have even given directions to my front door and will to anyone interested now or in the future. You see I don't leave a little bit here every time I come. I leave an open book, one that's complete with directions. Maybe if everyone had to do that they would think twice about what they posted here and on facebook. That my friends is what facebook and other sites like that are all about. PHONYS
Yep. Some of us are smart enough not to use our real names and don’t care to take a swim in the punch bowl either...
02-01-2020 10:11 AM
purebred
Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
Every day we leave a little part of ourselves here on GBO Forums within the threads we make and the comments we post. String them together and it is possible to understand the essence of that person, certainly not everything about them, but in general.
Exactly Sir. You can start seeing where people are coming from. Sure don't need Facebook for that.
02-01-2020 07:41 AM
Dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
just as much so the argument can be made that the internet is the best outlet to pretend to be something you are not and what people see here is FAR from the reality in person. 75 year old bad [email protected]@&@ and high school grad bible scholars and wanabe gun experts that don't even load there own ammo. Its a breading ground for phony's. Its why people don't even use there real names or addresses. They claim there worried about getting hacked or some nonsense but ive been over 20 years on many different forums and used my real name and where I live and don't even have an active antivirus and have yet to be hacked or my personal info used for anything. Your not worried about someone knowing your name. You do it so you can say what you want without any consequences! So you can pretend to be something your not. They don't use there real names because they don't own what they post. Anything I say I stand behind and in the past here have even given directions to my front door and will to anyone interested now or in the future. You see I don't leave a little bit here every time I come. I leave an open book, one that's complete with directions. Maybe if everyone had to do that they would think twice about what they posted here and on facebook. That my friends is what facebook and other sites like that are all about. PHONYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
Every day we leave a little part of ourselves here on GBO Forums within the threads we make and the comments we post. String them together and it is possible to understand the essence of that person, certainly not everything about them, but in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
No doubt Lloyd. Your a man's man.Your an open book, a quick, and easy read, while the rest of us are cowering under our beds, dreaming up our next fantasy life.🤗
...

And, when know one else is arguing, you have the gift of "insulting everyone". "For no good reason".
You truly are; an open book.
02-01-2020 06:07 AM
lloyd smale just as much so the argument can be made that the internet is the best outlet to pretend to be something you are not and what people see here is FAR from the reality in person. 75 year old bad [email protected]@&@ and high school grad bible scholars and wanabe gun experts that don't even load there own ammo. Its a breading ground for phony's. Its why people don't even use there real names or addresses. They claim there worried about getting hacked or some nonsense but ive been over 20 years on many different forums and used my real name and where I live and don't even have an active antivirus and have yet to be hacked or my personal info used for anything. Your not worried about someone knowing your name. You do it so you can say what you want without any consequences! So you can pretend to be something your not. They don't use there real names because they don't own what they post. Anything I say I stand behind and in the past here have even given directions to my front door and will to anyone interested now or in the future. You see I don't leave a little bit here every time I come. I leave an open book, one that's complete with directions. Maybe if everyone had to do that they would think twice about what they posted here and on facebook. That my friends is what facebook and other sites like that are all about. PHONYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
Every day we leave a little part of ourselves here on GBO Forums within the threads we make and the comments we post. String them together and it is possible to understand the essence of that person, certainly not everything about them, but in general.
02-01-2020 05:52 AM
land_owner Every day we leave a little part of ourselves here on GBO Forums within the threads we make and the comments we post. String them together and it is possible to understand the essence of that person, certainly not everything about them, but in general.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome