Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://saraacarter.com/its-not-a-coincidence-nancy-pelosi-signs-usmca-after-impeachment-announcement/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-pug

‘It’s Not a Coincidence’: Nancy Pelosi Signs USMCA After Impeachment Announcement
By Jennie Taer -December 10, 2019

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi surely had a busy morning. After she joined fellow House Democrats to announce impeachment charges against President Donald Trump, Pelosi conducted a press briefing to announce the passage of the long-awaited United States Mexico Canada Agreement.

She told reporters, however, that “It’s not a coincidence” that it all happened in the same day.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Can’t believe that Nervous Nancy Pelosi isn’t moving faster on USMCA. Her people want it, they don’t know why she isn’t putting it up for a bipartisan vote. Taking too long!

8:28 AM - Oct 22, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
30.7K people are talking about this
For months, President Trump had been urging Pelosi to sign the trade deal. He said she was more concerned with moving forward on impeachment. Alternatively, Pelosi had been teasing that she was just about ready to sign the deal.

During an education roundtable at the White House Monday, Trump said he’s optimistic the deal would have bipartisan support.

“I hear they’re doing very well on USMCA,” said Trump. “I’m hearing very good things. I’m hearing from unions and others that it’s looking good. And I hope they put it up to a vote. And if they put it up to a vote, it’s going to pass. A lot of Democrats want to pass it too. And we look forward to that. But I’m hearing they’re doing very well,” Trump told reporters.

USTR

@USTradeRep
When NAFTA was negotiated, the digital revolution was in its infancy. The agreement did not specifically address digital trade.

USMCA includes a new chapter on digital trade, providing a firm foundation for the expansion of trade & investment in innovative products & services.

The new deal, which has often been called the new NAFTA, promotes “reciprocal trade” with our partners in Mexico and Canada. The U.S. Trade Representative will sign the deal in Mexico later today.

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
She really wants to pass the right to organize act, which is in congress and which would end right to work, thus intending to favor unions while actually further weakening them over time.

I wonder what kind of dastardly pro union dealing is in this version of usmca. It may be due for rejection by the senate or a veto.

That pelosi is beamingly for usmca is a good sign that it's been poisoned by house dems.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its been sitting on pelosi's desk for about 8 months or so. trump did the deal with mexico and canada to redo nafta. everything he did is good for the US, including the unions. climate change is a pipe dream for demoncraps

https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/united-states-mexico-canada-agreement/fact-sheets/modernizing

Key Achievement: Most Comprehensive Set of Enforceable Environmental Obligations

The Environment chapter includes the most comprehensive set of enforceable environmental obligations of any previous United States agreement, including obligations to combat trafficking in wildlife, timber, and fish; to strengthen law enforcement networks to stem such trafficking; and to address pressing environmental issues such as air quality and marine litter.

Environment obligations include:

Prohibitions on some of the most harmful fisheries subsidies, such as those that benefit vessels or operators involved in illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing.

New protections for marine species like whales and sea turtles, including a prohibition on shark-finning and commitment to work together to protect marine habitat.

Obligations to enhance the effectiveness of customs inspections of shipments containing wild fauna and flora at ports of entry, and ensure strong enforcement to combat IUU fishing.

First-ever articles to improve air quality, prevent and reduce marine litter, support sustainable forest management, and ensure appropriate procedures for environmental impact assessments.

Robust and modernized mechanisms for public participation and environmental cooperation.

thats all we say about the climate.

https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/united-states-mexico-canada-agreement/fact-sheets/rebalancing

Key Achievement: Creating New Labor Value Content Rule

This deal uses trade rules to drive higher wages by requiring that 40-45 percent of auto content be made by workers earning at least $16 per hour.

The rules will:

Support better jobs for United States producers and workers by requiring that a significant portion of vehicle content be made with high-wage labor.

Ensure that United States producers and workers are able to compete on an even playing field, and incentivize new vehicle and parts investments in the United States.

Encourage more investment by auto companies in research and development in the region.

unions like this.

all pelosi did was to say demoncraps did it while they know trump did.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nancette Pelosette is the kind of useless trash who looks-up to Jefferey Epstein. I'm not sure if Brennan is of lesser worth to the human race than is Nancette. Could be a toss-up on that question...

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
The USA, Mexico and Canada all signed the pact on 12/30/18..why didn't she help pass it for the past year?

We could have been well into the benefits of the program for a whole year, except she had to play around with impeachment, to the detriment of everything else.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Agreed friend, politics before the best interest of all is how they run.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
She sure slow walked the bill , compared to [ we have to pass it to know whats in it ] referring to Obamas affordable health care bill. I see it as a smokescreen for impeachment , she had to make it look as though they were hard at work at something besides impeachment .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts