Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 22 inch barrel Marlin Remlin. Want a low scope to put on it. Looked at the Leupold with pig plex reticle. Anybody got any ideas. Don't want to spend a fortune but do want decent glass. I think it would be hard to get a 100 had zero with 4 power. Using 300 grain and a low power where or how high at 50 yards to get a good 100 zero. Ammo for these things ain't Cheap. Will reload later but only want to buy scope once.

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
I have a semi 3006 with a 1-4 Leopold. Can see the barrel on 2 power. Very fast target acquisition on running game.

I can not shoot moa groups but I can roll up a whitetail on the run. What do you want from your rifle?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't need sub moa groups. With 3x9 I can get 1 inch with my smaller guide gun. I'd settle for 2 inch groups at a 100 for game. I really want as large a field of view as possible. Would like to have European ocular adjustment but Leupold doesn't offer it. This gun is good with sights but would like glass for lower light conditions.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
I like the 1x4 Leupold Shotgun scopes I have three. One on a Marlin 45COLT and other two are on my 12 & 20 USH H&R shotguns. Like the bold X Hair for its quick acquisition. Yea its thick, but its NOT a precision scope. It shoots great and in no way effects accuracy, just in your head its different.

I have a 2x7x32 Leupold SHOTGUN on a Marlin 45/70 as well. I think they are great scopes, the field of view is generious, the eye relief nice and clarity is well. Leupold.

Maybe look for a used if $$ are tight.

Dont skimp on your optics.

CW

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I won't skimp on optics. Most of my rifle scopes cost as much or more than my rifles. I have a few lower end vortex Diamondbacks on a few rifles I only plink shorter range with. I looked at a Leupold with the pig plex reticle but not sure how it would do in the field. Might put one on my AR

·
Registered
5,354 Posts

Something like this? 1-5X 20 ? the lighted reticle can be very nice. Draws your eye like a red dot. Honestly rarely need it though.

I highly recommend the QD rings though. Those are Warne mediums on a Weaver base. Probably could have gone low, but wanted room to thumb the hammer if the spur went TU. The gun carries so sweet without that scope but shoots so well with it. I've got the best of both worlds.

Sent via Pony Express rider through Indian country.

·
24,004 Posts
the leupold 1x4s are great scopes. Another good choise that's a bit cheaper is the weaver classic 1x3x20. Ive got one on a 4570 tc carbine and its held up on that brutal kicking little bugger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts