Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
the #1 can drive you nuts!...I have seen the symptons here that i have fought in the past..my first #1 was a 1-A in 06..same thing 2 touching and a flier...i worked the forend over and it went from 1 1/2" groups to 5/8"...you can work wonders when you hit the right key.. have several others I am going to work on...I have an artical that was printed soon after I bought my first #1, and that is what I went by and it worked.....if I were a better typer, I would type it for you...anyway dont give up on your #1 as they can be sweet shooters, even the new ones if you put an after market trigger such as the Moyer's from Brownells.. hope this helps some.....Rob

·
Registered
146 Posts
hahahaha forgot one thing...have never had one of mine need the shims under the forend, they have done better free floated...but my brother has a mod 77 in 06 and 7MM Mag...the 06 shoots tight groups free floated and goes bad with pressure...his 7MM will not shoot at all without the pressure....go figgure...wish Ruger would change their stock screws to instead of angle, go straigh in like most others....enough.....Rob..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.