Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this and dont know why its super heavy and has a laminated stock smooth bore with choke tube I am guessing turkey gun 3 1/2 inch chamber has 4 screw holes for a mount part way down the barrel what can you tell me about it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,457 Posts
Sounds like somebody had it modified don't recall that the 10ga came with threaded barrel for tube also if it was drilled and tapped down the barrel probly had a scout scope or a red dot modification. It may of came with the laminated stocks or stocks were an easy do it yourself. Kurt

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you remove the pad there's likely a stock weight that's been installed to help manage recoil. You could pull it to save weight; your back might be happier but your shoulder may not thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,457 Posts
I never owned the 10ga (I learned my lesson w/the 3 1/2" 12ga). But I have owned the 12ga Ultra Slug gun and that was heavy also the 20ga USG. But what I understood was the 10ga and the USG 12ga were the same barrel not sure what the 10ga length was but the 12 was 24" and rifled . I still have a light wieght smooth bore with sights and laminated straight grip stock but that is a Whitetail Unlimited sponsor gun. Yea the 10ga carries a lot of steel. Laminated stocks are heavy and as Ocho said it may even have that 1" dia chunk of steel in the stock hole. Kurt

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked up a 20g slug gun that had the weight installed, going to actually see if it will fit in a Boyd's laminate pistol grip stock. For the heavier calibers or larger bore shotguns it makes sense to me, but then again I may change my mind after hiking around looking for birds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My NEF 10ga has removable chokes and I have seen others as well. All the bbls w/removable I have seen were either 22” or 24” long. The longer bbls were always fixed chokes, either modified or full. The 32” I have is a fixed modified.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish I had a fore end for a huntsman muzzleloader like in the first picture. Mine is missing.

·
Premium Member
4,457 Posts
Kytim are you looking for the forearm for the 10ga or for a muzzle loader? Kurt
PM me so we don't hijack this thread.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have at least one 12g with removable chokes that's 27.5". Can't say for sure about other gauges

1 - 10 of 10 Posts