Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Twice this year I have had to re-adjust cross-hairs. Most recently 8 clicks @ 35 yards. Does anyone else have problem? Do you think it's the scope itself or is it just easy to become mis-aligned from handling?

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
If everything is tight than I would say you have a scope that will not hold zero most scopes will handle a little rough handleing what brand what mounts might help us understand the problem. Bushnell told me on a scope that I sent back for repair or replace that the scope rings had been mounted too close to the bells but I think that was an excuse as nothing in all the material that comes with the scope says anything about that. I also received a gun package from Savage with a scope factory mounted and the rings were at the bell so if that is a problem you would think that the factory would know to not do that

Deaconllb

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "10 point" scope came as a package. If I recall correctly it was all ready mounted on my "Wicked Ridge + bow but I may have mounted it myself. All screws are tight. It doesn't happen all the time so I keep trying it out to see if 0 moves.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this does not happen again, I will assume I knocked it off when transporting. It doesn't make sense that POI changes only happen infrequently when all screws are tight. Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
I have the same crossbow. So far I have only sighted it in last year and am going to be shooting it again soon to see if it is still sighted in. Is it possible something is loose on the crossbow?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Have you changed bolts/broadheads over that period of time? Don;t take much of a change in those areas to affect POI dramatically. How old is your set-up? Iffin there is an issue, I would contact Ten-Point, they have excellent customer service. I have the same set-up as you and have not had to re-adjust the scope in 4 years. But I have used the same bolts/broadheads over that period. Do you use lube on your rail?

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I tightened up all bolts the problem has been solved. I guess it's just the repeated recoil that loosened everything up. Thanks for all replies!

·
22,205 Posts
ive got a 10 point too. It has been flawless for years. I put a vortex crossbow scope on it and its held zero perfectly. that is up till this year. When I took it out it was shooting about 5 inches to the left and group sizes were about double what I used to be. I rezeroed it and tried it again a week later and it was off and low this time. I pulled my scope off and found the scope block screws had come loose and the mount was about to fall off. Put it back on with some lock tight and its been fine sense. Lots of shacking and vibration with a cross bow. There probably harder on a scope and mounts then a rifle is.
Since I tightened up all bolts the problem has been solved. I guess it's just the repeated recoil that loosened everything up. Thanks for all replies!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I agree removable loctite is the way to go I use it on all my bases. Glad this was rehashed as I have a crossbow I bought so will have to remove the scope and threadlock the base.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts