Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the 1100 down for cleaning and when I popped the trigger assembly out the shell stop came with it. I've seen the staking tool for sale in brownells but was wondering if there is another way of doing it myself. thanx Dan

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I use a homemade punch to set the shell stop in place although it really doesn't HAVE to be staked at all. The part in question is held in place by the trigger assembly and the stress is mostly on the pins used to retain the trigger assembly in the receiver as they pass thru the shell stop. Mostly the staking is to make assembly easier. The punch is easily made, I used a plasma cutter(torch would work), from any fairly thick steel, I used an old tractor drawbar. It is in the shape of a 'C' with the strngth of the punch in the thickness of the steel and not the hieght of the punch. Make the horizontal arms of the 'C' no longer than needed to reach the shell stop's recess(both sides). A hole drilled on the outside of the bottom arm of the 'C' holds a piece of shaped and hardened drill rod pressed in place. The point on the drill rod provides the metal displacement needed to hold the shell stop in place and could be replaced if damaged(mine's 10+ years old and going strong). Use the trigger retension pins, taped in place to hold the shell stop properly aligned and support the receiver carefully to avoid finish damage.. Go carefully and it's an easy fix..

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx again gunnut I think I got an idea to make one with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts