Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to do from here?
Just Got a pardner tracker 12ga barrel. When I put it on my Sb2 frame it won’t latch shut unless I rally slam it? Even than I can shake it and make it pop open? Any advice would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
It's a little too long a distance between the barrel pivot hook and barrel breech face to fit your receiver. You can fit the barrel by removing metal from the pivot hook or from the breech face, a little bit at a time, until it closes completely flush and latches. Instructions are in the faq's at the top of the h&r rifle forum page.

Good luck and go slow.

Or you can just buy another receiver until you get one that fits your barrel. This is the best method. Keep a few spares on hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave!
I also think it Is getting better the more I open and close it. With time I think it will be ok?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, if you fire it and it pops open you could catch the spent hull in the face. They can come out quite fast. A real heavy 3" mag popped mine open and the hull went right by my face, landed about 20 feet behind me. That could have hurt or damaged an eye... Be safe, make sure it latches up tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts