Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
There is no forgetting in my lifetime.

However, the LOSS of the Twin Towers, civilian and government lives, and unfortunately National Pride across all lines, is difficult to comprehend clearly through the ENTIRE Administration in DC today that is courting Muslims, illegal immigration, fundamental "Change" in America, race-baiting, cop-/jew-/white-hating, untenable and crushing NATIONAL DEBT, welfare entitlement, you-name-it.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
When I hear "9/11", I remember a picture of a young woman falling to her death, and remember that she was someone's daughter, sister, and maybe someone's mother and wife, and I wonder why there has been a systematic policy of ignoring the anniversary of that event every year.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
In the days that followed it was the last time we all saw a unified Patriotism all across this country.
If they back then could see how we are now they would have been hunting down liberals with shot guns.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I was having my ritual morning coffee watching the morning news when the first plane hit , didn't expect like everyone else there was a second plane on its way . and watching the two buildings smoking never in my wildest dreams thought they would collapse .

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
mcbammer said:
I was having my ritual morning coffee watching the morning news when the first plane hit , didn't expect like everyone else there was a second plane on its way . and watching the two buildings smoking never in my wildest dreams thought they would collapse .

All those people jumping to their deaths as an option to not be burned alive. Unbelievable to have to make a choise like that. Like the young woman flapping her arms like a bird, like by some miracle she was going to fly.
Sometimes I wish she had, after seeing the little family she had left behind.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
I watched events unfold from the conference room in our office. I was surprised the buildings lasted as long as they did before collapsing. Seven years later we elect a muslim president.

CR

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why there has been a systematic policy of ignoring the anniversary of that event every year.
" I wonder why there has been a systematic policy of ignoring the anniversary of that event every year." (that is what the little dots say between the quote brackets)

Ignore? Not around here.

Pete

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
Darkgael said:
why there has been a systematic policy of ignoring the anniversary of that event every year.
" I wonder why there has been a systematic policy of ignoring the anniversary of that event every year." (that is what the little dots say between the quote brackets)

Ignore? Not around here.

Pete
Liberals/democrats forget the carnage. I believe that they enjoy events that they can use to take more freedoms away. especially guns.

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
That was the day THEY won. Because WE altered SO MUCH of our lives, spent SO much of our money, allowed SO MUCH intrusion on our personal lives.

It was the equivalent of there being 30,000 people shot with guns last year-- so lets register all guns and ammo.

Don't think that makes sense?? Me neither. Lets get the **** over it and move on.

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
If 9-11 were a holiday it would be OK. It is NOT. Dec 7th is not a holiday either. Why??? It is so important..... but not important enough that employers should let people off-- that would cost too much. Veterans day is nice. Memorial day is nice. They are DAYS. Today we act as if Muslim extremists are the end of the world. Germany controlled all of continental Europe, North Africa, and were killing Jews by the MILLIONS. We are apoplectic when some idiot shoots 2-3 soldiers, which there were probably that many killed in DUI's auto accidents that week. I am sick and tired of "terrorists"-- am I worried about ANY Muslim??? NO. Am I worried about the endless list of alphabet agencies that constantly suck up power and money at my (and your) expense. Every day I hear something about "the war on terror"-- you cannot have a "war on terror"-- you can only have a lack of guts. It is not that they are so horrifically scary-- it is just that we have become a nation of chickens**t. If it were a day of remembrance it would be fine, but when day after day after day after day we hear about how dangerous these people are, and the examples are someone attacking a cop with an AXE in NYC, two soldiers shot here in America-- it does not pan out. We have lost all sense of proportionality. We cannot cower forever because of a single terrible day.

There was a story told to me as a child I will relate to you: Stranger stops by rural farmhouse and asks for some water- the father invites him to stay for supper- he accepts. Mother sends the daughter to the cellar for potatoes--she looks up at the ceiling and sees an axe stuck in a beam. Realizing that the axe could have fallen at any time in the past or NOW, and her life is in mortal danger-- she sets down and begins to cry. Her mother sends her brother after her. The daughter shows the axe to her brother- whom thinks of all his plans and dreams, all could be over in an instant-- and he sets down and begins to cry. The mother is becoming irritated- she goes after them and finds her children setting there crying. They point to the axe-- she realizes the danger her precious children have been living under--- and she sets with them and begins to cry. Her husband --fearing some foul play soon follows- and finds the love of his life --and his children there crying- they point to the axe- he grasps the gravity (pun intended) of the situation-- and begins to cry.
The stranger -- hearing the wailing comes down to the cellar to find the family in group hug formation all sobbing unconsolably. They point to the axe. The stranger walked over to the axe. It has obviously been there for a long time. He reached up, grasped the handle-- gave a couple firm tugs, it came loose-- he sat it in the corner.

Think about it.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
". Every day I hear something about "the war on terror"-- you cannot have a "war on terror"-- you can only have a lack of guts."

There is a bit of a disconnect there. Cannot have a "war on terror" / lack of guts. How you get from one to the other is unclear.
The Stranger and the Axe as a metaphor.....it is simplistic and overstated. Probably it is fairly effective as a parable about taking action.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Islam is what it is, and has always been. This isn't our first encounter with it. Just our first time to refuse to properly identify it, and deal with it.
When I was a skinny little kid in school, my dad gave me good advice in dealing with bullies. Their gonna pick at YA until you deal withem. Givem twice what they intended to give you, and they won't come back for seconds. It was true.

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
That may be true.

On the other hand--- a bully is when the big muscular guy kicks sand in the face of the small scrawny guy at the beach--He is the bully. When the leader of the "Muscle Beach" bunch just sets up his entourage next to the couple of skinny guys arguing and then goes over and smacks the crap out of them because they are too loud for his taste---- and they key his caddy on the way off the beach---THEY are not the bullies.
The countries in the middle east did not form themselves--Europeans did. They ignored tribes, ethnic groups, blood groups-- they went for geographic convenience. Supporting and forming governments was largely done under western influence -- not for the benefit of the indigenous people-- but to gain and insure access to the OIL. This insured some families in those regions became fabulously wealthy and powerful-- as long as they supported western interests. Eventually some of that control mechanism became less effective-- they fought among themselves. That inconvenienced oil interests.......so we went over and started smacking people around. Who were the bullies??
During that time it was decided that some land should be given to the Jews-- they had certainly suffered enough. So it was decided to give them back their "homeland"-- which of course was heavily populated by people whom had lived there for many CENTURIES. So they shoved them out and gave it to the Jews. What could possibly go wrong??? They could have given them any 2 or 3 COUNTIES in Texas and they would have had more land area, and mostly inhabited by cows and armadillos . At least in biblical times they killed everyone when they took over so there was no one left to be angry.

Lets review--- we (western powers) go in-- form countries, form governments, remove populations, create new countries with foreign inhabitants, all primarily in order to secure control of oil production--- and when the people there try to strike back THEY are bullies??

I know that that is just history written by historians--- and someone here that knows much more -- because they once handled a quart of Pennzoil and sent in 3 Cheerio box tops and now have a degree-- will be along soon to correct this.

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
Darkgael-- yes it is a metphor for action-- and also for OVER REACTION to a perceived danger all out of proportion to the actual danger-- leading to ineffective or erroneous actions to correct the situation.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
As stated by the "REAL EXPERT" aka twoshooter. ;)

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
Why thank you D--- as always your perception is razor sharp-- your taste impeccable. ;)

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.