Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there use 165gr bullets in a .308 H&R/NEF? Im kinda cheating here but i've been trying to figure out the best in my gun but one thing of another messes my tests up. Either its weather or someone bugging me just as i pull the trigger. So what performs best with all y'alls .308 H&R/NEFs. Right now my best 43.8grs of Varget.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also since H&R/NEFs don't tend to like bipods of the mounting type, ya think its possible to have a powder charge that moves at a speed to interdict well with the different harmonics of the barrel caused by the bipod?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I use a moderate load of 45grs of RL-15 and 165gr Hornady BT's in my Ishapore 2A. On a very low caffene day I can do about 1.5 - 2".

ZM

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
dude IMR 4064 it has and always will be the best powder for the 308 win (here it come) right now in my handi i'm using 43.8 grains of IMR 4064 and a 165 sst and i'm getting great groups (see postal match) once money starts coming back in again i'm going to try the 168 match kings but that might be a while (new toy coming soon)

·
Registered
111 Posts
165 grain .308 loads

I have had good luck loading my .308 to .300 savage levels and under. I like my load of 39.6 grains of imr 3031. In my Mod. 99 it's mild and accurate. Some of my manuels show this is under starting load. Works for me.

Take care and God bless

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts