Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with one? I would like to build one on a 77/22 Hornet and was wondering how the magizine would work. Will it work like it is, or will it need modifying? What else (besides a barrel) will need changing?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Dear Moose,
Snagged the barrel off my 77/22H and put on a Shilen 17 and "Away we went!". Also made up a 17 Ack Hornet in an old Win 43 that is a ral hoot too. Wonderful, accurate little guns and fun to shoot. If you ned any help let me know. Got the reamers etc.

Aloha, Mark[in Or]

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I have a .17 AH on a Contender frame and love it. It`s been my main carry gun in the summer for acouple of years now. Mine love the Calhoon 19 grn. bullets. I push them at 3,600 fps. and the gun shoots flat to about 290 yrds. Not bad for only 10.4 gns. of H-4227. Be real carefull working up a load for it though, persure jumps reall fast and you need to work up 1/10 of a grain at a time with it, and then on the hottest day of the summer. Great round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.