Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20210416_204913.jpg
top rifle stock just got dipped and the bottom rifle is a factory stock set...
The 17M2 is probably my favorite rifle ever offered by H&R and there isn't a finer squirrel hunting caliber than the Mach2....

·
Registered
171 Posts
View attachment 251927 top rifle stock just got dipped and the bottom rifle is a factory stock set...
The 17M2 is probably my favorite rifle ever offered by H&R and there isn't a finer squirrel hunting caliber than the Mach2....
View attachment 251927 top rifle stock just got dipped and the bottom rifle is a factory stock set...
I bought two of the ones stocked like the one on the left about 10 years ago for $90.00 each. Gave one to my brother. His has the original stock, mine has a brown laminate spare stock I had laying around. They are so accurate people wouldn't believe it.

We've used them on squirrels and rabbits. It's fun to take one to the deer stand on a food plot and shoot rabbits in the evening when they come out. We have no problem doing head shots out to 100 yards.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought two of the ones stocked like the one on the left about 10 years ago for $90.00 each. Gave one to my brother. His has the original stock, mine has a brown laminate spare stock I had laying around. They are so accurate people wouldn't believe it.

We've used them on squirrels and rabbits. It's fun to take one to the deer stand on a food plot and shoot rabbits in the evening when they come out. We have no problem doing head shots out to 100 yards.
Yep....mine will make a ragged hole at 50 yrs...1/4 inch groups at 100 yrs....best shot with this rifle was a squirrel at 140 yds ( from rest in deer shack)....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yep....mine will make a ragged hole at 50 yrs...1/4 inch groups at 100 yrs....best shot with this rifle was a squirrel at 140 yds ( from rest in deer shack)....
I've never shot many groups with mine. But your quote on 50 yard groups is spot on. I've shot enough groups to know if it's bigger than a .22 caliber size hole I'm having a bad day. If a high end name like Blaser or Merkel made a single shot 17M2 this accurate it would cost five grand.

Amazing ain't it how useful deer stands, blinds can be for other critters. I've shot squirrels, rabbits, racoons, hogs, turkeys and yotes from deer stands. Oh yea, a snake at the bottom of the ladder that wouldn't move along.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never shot many groups with mine. But your quote on 50 yard groups is spot on. I've shot enough groups to know if it's bigger than a .22 caliber size hole I'm having a bad day. If a high end name like Blaser or Merkel made a single shot 17M2 this accurate it would cost five grand.

Amazing ain't it how useful deer stands, blinds can be for other critters. I've shot squirrels, rabbits, racoons, hogs, turkeys and yotes from deer stands. Oh yea, a snake at the bottom of the ladder that wouldn't move along.
My deer shack is a 10×12 insulated building with a heater...
So I only do stands in the warmer weather don't have to be nearly as still or quiet and
Its close enough to the house to get wifi🤣🤣p🤣
As far as the mach 2 goes though....I was so impressed by the first one, I bought a 2nd one and my kids LOVE it!! Just can't shoot the heck out of it.....down to 300 rds of ammo...sure hope I can find more in next couple of years😒😒😒

·
Registered
171 Posts
My deer shack is a 10×12 insulated building with a heater...
So I only do stands in the warmer weather don't have to be nearly as still or quiet and
Its close enough to the house to get wifi🤣🤣p🤣
As far as the mach 2 goes though....I was so impressed by the first one, I bought a 2nd one and my kids LOVE it!! Just can't shoot the heck out of it.....down to 300 rds of ammo...sure hope I can find more in next couple of years😒😒😒
I just had my 8 year old grandson out today with mine. He had a grand time banging a 4 inch steel plate at 50 yards. All smiles!!!!!!! Feel lucky that I've got about 6,000 rounds for it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just had my 8 year old grandson out today with mine. He had a grand time banging a 4 inch steel plate at 50 yards. All smiles!!!!!!! Feel lucky that I've got about 6,000 rounds for it.
You should feel lucky...2 years ago I drove 150 miles to get the only 500 rounds of mach 2 ammo that I could find🤣

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once in a while they show up but they're not nearly as cheap as when they came out....unfortunately....
I cannot sing the praises of this rifle enough🤣🤣🤣

1 - 9 of 9 Posts