Graybeard Outdoors banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Maneuvering bolts are done. Had to alter the flange to fit under the t-bar trunnion plate. Next time I’ll think to lower the placement a half inch.

Smoothing out all the steel is next. Then primer. Then reassemble. Then paint.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Anyone have experience with rust converters? After many years of no primer or paint the GOW mortar had some rust.

I used Coroseal on it today. Supposed to turn iron oxide in to magnetite. Never used it. The purple looked a bit odd:

2 coats and dry in 3 hours and it is totally black:oops:

It still needs some sanding, then likely an oil based primer, then paint, but really amazed at how it came out thus far.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Some progress on smoothing out the valleys on the trunnion plates, a result of the 1/2" steel flat bar and the brake getting getting to know one another.

I've also worked on smoothing the welds where the trunnion and mortar meet. Clearly the top side will be most visible, and feeling like I've got it looking like something I can live with.

I'll need to put in back in the bed and bolt it so it's pointed up and then I can work on the welds on the top/forward areas of each side where the trunnion meets the mortar.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I’d say! That is looking really nice.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts