Graybeard Outdoors banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Many on here like the thumb strap, The only times I have ever had the safety come off unintentionally was with a thumb strap holster. Have carried cocked and locked for years with no thumb strap and never had the safety come off. Don Hume belt slide or shoulder holster both great for driving.

I've been using a Blackhawk Serpa for my 1911 Springfield Armory Range Officer Operator only because it was a I could find locally for my gun. Last week my bride of 56 years asked what I wanted for Father's Day, I told her I wanted a Tucker & Byrd Texas Short Stroke, she told me to order it, needless to say she did NOT have to tell me twice. It should be here in abut 3 weeks. For anyone that does not know this holster is lined with smooth leather and has the IDPA legal low cut front. I will post pictures when it gets here. Just nothing like the smell and feel of leather, especially if it holds a 1911. Take care, John.

Toney, I just took a look at your holster that you made. That is very NICE work. Do you sew your leather on a machine or by hand. Very nice stitching and molding, great work. Do you do this a full time work or only as a hobby, either way very nice work, be proud of it. Take care, John.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.