Graybeard Outdoors banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Never had a sti 10 but I did have a 9mm Trojan and it was the 1911 ive allways said was the best bang for the buck of any 1911 ive ever owned. For a grand its fit and finish and accuracy rivaled guns that cost twice as much.
yooper77 said:
STI Nitro 10. 100% Made in Georgetown, TX

http://stiguns.com/guns/nitro-10/

I own and love my STI Ranger II in 45 ACP. Highest quality firearm.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I have a stainless Delta Elite and really love it, if I didn't I would give serious consideration to the RIA 10 mm. I have heard a lot of really good things about it. I have a RIA 45 acp 1911 mil/style blaster that does great.

Steve.......

guns-o-fun said:
Don't know about RIA, but I have heard that some of the Philippino guns have slides that are just spot heat treated. Worrisome given the trouble that EAA-Tanfoglio had with their 10mm slides cracking at one time.
I have one of first EAA 10mms, but never had any issues. I did notice right off the recoil spring was way too light for 10mm. I upgraded to a 22lb (if I remember correctly) wilson gunspring and have never had any issues with it.

guns-o-fun said:
My Rowland never did work out. Tried everything: heavier springs, lighter spring with Springco recoil reducer made specifically for the 460. Could not get it to run consistently and this was in a Springfield 1911, which is one of Rowland's recommended guns for the conversion. Now looking for a 10mm 1911. Love the price on the RIA, but have heard too many complaints about lack of reliability. Others have no problems - seems hit or miss. I will probably save up for a Kimber. I have owned both a G20 gen 4 and a G29 gen 3, but neither felt comfortable in my hand. 1911s do.
My brother bought the 460 kit for his Colt 1991A1 several years ago and it has always functioned flawlessly. He did get a Thompson 10mm after they quit making them and Thompson said they would put it together with spare parts for him. He had feed issues but after some tinkering, we got it working correctly.

I have both the Delta Elite and SR1911 in 10mm, I still like my first gen Elite but the SR1911 seems easier to shoot with less perceived recoil possibly due to the bull barrel and it is more accurate in my hands. I rarely shoot my Delta Elite anymore.

Steve............

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.