Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
State restrictions require that I use a zero magnifiction scope muzzleloader hunting. I prefer to use scope rather then red-dot. Would sure appreciate suggestions for a good scope and reliable removable mounts(cleaning issue).

New member,great site!

Thanks, Gus

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
I think Burris makes the only 1X (no magnification) scope on the market. Weaver base and Burris Zee Rings make for a quick detactable combo that is cheap and repeatable when you put it back on. You might also want to look at red dot sights but other than the Bushnell Holosight I have no experience with them.

GB

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
I have seen the Nikon on a TC Omega muzzleloader. The optics were bright - but the clarity and resolution was not as good as the Monarchs - but then again all of the monarchs are better than the buckmaster series. Still, it's actually a nifty little scope - sure beats the heck out of iron sights. :grin:

Zachary

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
gus said:
State restrictions require that I use a zero magnifiction scope muzzleloader hunting. I prefer to use scope rather then red-dot. Would sure appreciate suggestions for a good scope and reliable removable mounts(cleaning issue).
New member,great site!
Thanks, Gus
Gus, Why don't you want a Red-Dot? I don't know what kind of hunting conditions you're in, but that Tasco red-dot of mine is mounted on my Ithaca Deerslayer 12 ga. You can follow through as you bring in the target with BOTH eyes open and eye relief/alignment is not critical!!! Can't do that with a scope! If you ever used and loved open sights, you'll love the red-dot that much more. The only thing I can think of I am concerned about is if I leave the battery switch on and it runs down. Always carry a spare!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nikon

I have a Nikon 1x muzzle scope and it works great. Takes a little getting used to in that you can see the barrel when you look through it but it eliminates the blurry eyes of us 50 plus guys. I got mine at DNR for about 125 bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts