Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 ga. ush. I mounted on high rings a 3x9x40 bushi banner dusk til dawn scope.Does anyone else shoot the same or similar set up.If so post your results please. I am wondering if i should have went with the 2x7 and low rings .

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
my setup is same scope but 1X4 power med. rings. 2in. group 75yds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use a Leupold 2x7 VX-1 shotgun scope with heavy reticle sitting on a set of the cheap Leupold Rifleman rings (high). I really like the scope on the shotgun. However, I should have gone with Warne rings.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the Bushnell sportsman's 1.5 to 4.5. I have found it to work great for my 12gauge mossberg 535.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I currently have a 20ga USH with the 1.5-4.5 Bushnell and high rings. (See Preaching to the Choir thread)

The scope seems functional enough but I am not satisfied with it for the following reasons:

1. It seems cloudy under overcast conditions (This may be just this scope)

2. There seems to be a focus problem but this also may just be this one scope

3. This is just me, this gun shoots to distance better than I feel this scope is.

I will be going to a 3x9x50 med duplex (Nikon or Leupold) with Millet rings an do a custom hammer job so that I can lower the ring height.

Just my humble opinion

·
1,880 Posts
Looks like you took EVOC ONE's advice and asked the question on Graybeard as well as Shotgun World's website. Here's what I posted to you on SGW.

I have a 3-9x40 Banner on my H&R 50 cal Huntsman ML...Never had a problem yet. I also have a Trophy 1-75-4x32 on my USH 12GA and it has never lost zero in over 5 years. I haven't even had to adjust the darn thing. I'd trust the Banner to do the job.[/color]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.I will use the banner.My shots will be 125yrds or less.If I have any problems with it, then I will spend some money on a nikon prostaff.

·
Premium Member
4,283 Posts
I have a 1.75-4.5 BSA Cats Eye on mine and it works great left on 4 power great low light scope for low $ it's on medium rings. Kurt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts