1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Nice! I did the same thing with a 26" mod barrel. I really get sqeamish about 2 or 3 dollars every time I pull the trigger on sabots. I'm a reloader because I just like shooting cheep ammo. I've been shooting the winchester 15 pack foster slugs into 4 inches at 50 yards good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been shooting Remington Sluggers in mine. I like the idea of not having to use sabots (too expensive). I was thinking about cutting the barrel down but it shoots great with the 26" so I am going to keep it full length. I am going to get some Brenneke's to try in it also. Should be a good deer gun at close range.

Spanky

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I like the cheap stuff, too. I have been getting the Sluggers at Walmart this year for $7.26/15Packs. That's the best price around, up here, this year. Those are the 7/8oz 20ga and 1oz/12ga. I may go buy them out before they are gone. The Sluggers seem to shoot the best in my smooth bores. Nice looking set-up, Spanky. Sure wish I could find someone up here to do a D/T on my 20ga and 12ga, both. I would like to put the Red Dot sights on them.Mueller makes a really nice one. Thanks for the pics.

cookie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts