Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I climbed into my stand about 6:30 Sunday morning. It was a very cold, still morning. About 9am I heard a slight noise behind me. I turned and saw a deer sneaking through some thick brush behind me. I watched through the scope as he moved along. He stopped for a couple of seconds and I could see antlers, but only had a shot at his neck. I took the shot and half expected him to drop right there. Instead be ran just inside the thick stuff for about 40 yards. Good luck was with me that morning and instead of staying in the brush he turned and tried to cross a small opening about 60 yards away. I had him in the scope the whole time and was able to get off two shots before he made it back into the brush. I thought for sure I had blown my chance but I noticed a flicker of white from under some scrub beech trees. I climbed out of my stand and walked over to the spot where I had shot. Sure enough, blood. I followed the blood to those beech trees and there he was dead. The 150 grain Accubond from by .300 model 70 took him perfectly through both lungs. I was a happy camper.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As happy as I was to get that big buck Sunday, I was even more happy when my son got this buck yesterday afternoon. It broke a very long dry spell for him and reignited his interest in hunting. Made him and me so happy.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts