Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking of picking up a 23" TC Custom Shop 204 Ruger Barrel for my Contender.I have an older model frame,not the new G2.Just want to make sure it's made for the older frame.Thanks!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
All contender barrels are interchangable with both frames. With the exception of the shotgun barrels if I'm not mistaken. KN

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Unless you just want to go to the custom shop to get it that is a standard factory offering right now. I bought one a few months back....23" full bull no sights that is just wicked accurate. Its all setup on a G2 frame but it works on either his G2 on any of my originals. I am planning on buy one for myself this time and will probably go to BB or OTT just because I like SS custom high end barrels.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
They are interchangable.
In my opinion I would not waste your money on a custom barrel. The T/C factory barrels will give you the same accuracy. I have a factory barrel 204 on my Encore and it is wildly accurate with factory ammo. It is a 26" barrel, which is another topic. Put your $$ into glass instead.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I called them awhile back about getting a 204 THEY said don't wast the money , The barrel blanks are the same as the factory uses, so you get nothing extra there..both have the same return policy if its a crapper....
They told me the only advantage to going to the custom shop for a factory issued barrel will be a custom length or tapper or finish..

Also every thing I have hear the factory barrels are dam good..

·
Registered
203 Posts
I recently "set-up" & sighted in a 204 Encore rifle for a friend. 1/2 moa was no problem with the Hornady 40 grainers.
I wouldn't hesitate to just get the standard factory barrel.
:D :D

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Oops, you will have to settle for a blue.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
wash the hog all ya want..........you still won't get one in Stainless Steel from Ed or TC. I know I tried...............

Like I said Fred at BB will be makin me a .204 Ruger in "SS" and 23" full bull.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts