Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
51,246 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to GBO What rifle and bullet were you using?

Thx,

Tim

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congratulations! Any pictures?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nef Ultra Varmint i have taken 6 deer with it over the years its the most accurate rifle i have ever had i handload for it and at a 100yrds i can group them at .2 it used to shoot moa but i put on a thumbhole stock glass bedded it and a trigger job and now it really is a tack driver and yes i shot a tack at 50yrds.I would love to put up some pics but dont know how yet.

·
Super Moderator
51,246 Posts
If you have the digipics on your PC, just click the additional options below the post window, browse to the pic and select it, there are restrictions on size and type. If you can't do that, hit my email button
and send em to me, I'll post em for ya. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
335 Posts
We want pics, we want pics ;D

Congrats man. Good job.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
whats your load???? .2's is darn good way to go !!! you using match bullets or hunting bullets

·
Registered
90 Posts
nef Ultra Varmint i have taken 6 deer with it over the years its the most accurate rifle i have ever had i handload for it and at a 100yrds i can group them at .2 it used to shoot moa but i put on a thumbhole stock glass bedded it and a trigger job and now it really is a tack driver and yes i shot a tack at 50yrds.I would love to put up some pics but dont know how yet.
To me this is a very good example of what a NEF product can do. MOA is okay but look at what you have gotten it to do. You have taken 6 deer with it proves that NEF products work very good in the field.
Thanks for the good report and welcome to GBO. Jack

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good Job!!! Making me want a 250 for my NEF!!!

I watched my dad shoot many deer for over 20 years with a 22-250 and despite what the majority think it is quite a deer kill'n round.. My dad always took neck shots too but one time we each took a pair of does and he gave her a 55 gr Hornady SP right in the vitals while I did the same with a 270 on one standing right next to her.... I guessed it as a 100 yard shot. His folded up nicer than mine and as hard as it is to believe the 55 gr bullet exited with twice the size of hole as my 270... I did a lot of experimenting after that in the early 90s and once nozzler came out with the 60 Finlay I finally realized that the 55 gr SP was as good as it gets for NE white tails for a lot less $$

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mitchell said:
whats your load???? .2's is darn good way to go !!! you using match bullets or hunting bullets
I am using varget at 37.8 gr using a nosler Ballistic Tip and cci primer seat to 2.350 med crimp and it leaves the barrel at 3890 fps on the crono.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Buckstalker what grain bullet is it??? PLEASE TELL ME, I have the same gun and am haveing trouble getting it to groupwell!! :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts