·
Super Moderator
50,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here ya go....

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks Tim. I think i'm gonna send my receiver off when the 223s become available.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
P.D. gun

Hello Quick Did you come up that PD gun, Now?
Just how do think I can every Keep up?
Looks like a real hp da getter, Happy shooting :-D :-D :-D :-D
marvy.

·
Super Moderator
50,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics added!! :wink:

Marv, ordered it a week ago...

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=68097

No secrets!! The transaction went smoothly, the Walmart crew were excellent, even with their red tape which is more than most gun sales require. It took 4 employees to sell the gun, a gun counter clerk, a layaway clerk, and 2 managers!!!

Tim

·
Super Moderator
50,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For anyone curious about the scope, it's a Burris Fullfield II 3.5-10x50 with the ballistic plex reticle. I thought I'd use it for sightin and see how well the ballistic plex reticle works out to 300yds :grin: , don't have any range here longer than that. :cry:

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
Quick i don't think any bullet will reach that far :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D.

Consider yourself lucky to have a range that long. The longest range around here is 200 yards. And i still gotta drive 45 minutes to get there. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
50,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed!! We used to have a 500 or 600yd range when Camp Bonneville was open...I can remember shooting there when I was young........very young!!!! 8)

Tim

·
Registered
688 Posts
WOW, :eek: Tim,

That rifle looks familar;
Coulda swore I seen one like it before. :grin:
How do you like feel of it, when you shoulder it? To me it don't feel like any rifle I've held. That's what sold me.
Congrats on your new rifle.
Started reloading for it the other night. Using IMR-4064 and a 50gr. bullet.

Dennis :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Oh, by the way;

Just recieved from Midway 100 new nickle plated cases, Remington brand and miked them. All 100 cases were within .001 of an inch of each other. All 100 of them. Unreal. :shock: In 22-250 of course.

Dennis :D

·
Super Moderator
50,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It doesn't feel as bad as it looks, I'll have to admit that, it's got a great recoil pad on it compared to what H&R puts on the rest of their firearms. Time will tell, I'll have to warm up to it a lot!!!

I switched horses and am going to load Bl-C2 instead of the Benchmark or IMR 4064, I read of too many problem with heat causing poor groups after doing load work for an accurate load with the 4064.....so I'm gonna stick with the temp insensative Hodgdon Extreme powders. Bl-C2 shows less pressure than the Varget, but isn't as low as Benchmark...but I already have the Bl-C2, so I'm gonna start with it. Also decided not to get the WWB ammo, just gonna get the brass and handload for it!! :wink:

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Holy Cow that looks good!

I had been given some thought to getting one but was still hesitating a bit. Seeing the pictures of yours with the bi-pod has re-kindled the flame.

A local Wal Mart near me had one in .223 in stock last weekend. I may have to take another ride out there.

I already have a .223 Handi and a .223 Ultra. Do I really need another .223?

Congrats!

EVOC ONE

·
Registered
922 Posts
Of course you need it!!!!! everybody needs a 223 or 2 or 3...lol :-D Yeah i would go back and get it. If the walmarts around here or any store for that matter had one in stock i would prolly buy one. I really want to hold one before i buy it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Man I'm drooling!! You guys do know that the stock set can be had from Choate or Midway for $80 to $90 right? Thinking about either one of the new guns with the fluted barrel or a stock set for my Ultra 243/223 combo and add the 22[/color]" 204 ruger to it. Choices and decisions.........keeps a guy up at night ya know?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Very nice Tim...very nice indeed...:agree: :eek:h: :yeah:

Mac

·
Super Moderator
50,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks!!! :D

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
quickdtoo
I see that the mounting for the bipod is back somewhat. Also, I am
wondering about what the inside of the forearm is like where the lug is.
I am asking this wondering whether we can better utilize a bipod with this
gun & not hurt our accuracy?

·
Super Moderator
50,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The mounting adapter that has the sling stud on it is reverseable, can be mounted with the stud fore or aft. I'll find out how it shoots...... sometime!

Tim

·
Super Moderator
50,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a look at the inside of the Choate UV forend...

Tim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts