Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 22 Remington Jet was based on the 357Mag cartridge.

http://www.reloadbench.com/cartridges/p22rj.html

I had Mike Bellm chamber what I called a 22DLH. This was a 357Max cartridge necked down to fit a 22 caliber bullet. The case capacity was almost identical to a 222 Rem, only in a rimmed case.

·
Registered
558 Posts
.22/.357?

Along the same lines of this question (if you don't mind me hijacking it), did anyone ever make a .22 Jet Improved? The .22 Jet flopped partially because it was designed as a revolver cartridge and had so many problems there. Out of a single-shot pistol or rifle, or out of even a good bolt or lever action rifle, it would be fun to play with and an improved version of it might be able to creep toward .22 Hornet out of a short (10" - 14") barrel.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
.22/.357?

Yep, there's a .22 Jet imp, and it's a good 'un. Not too far away from a .221 Fireball.

·
Registered
38 Posts
.22/.357?

The improvet Jet is called the Super jet. If you run .357 max cases into a Fireball die you get Fireball rimmed. If you cut Fireball dies by 0.10" and run 357mag cases in you get Fireball Short Rimmed which is what I'm working on now. I wanted a Super Jet but all dies and reamers were expensive or difficult to find. A Fireball reamer run in short and Fireball dies cut short are much cheaper. I call it the .22 Monkey. I might have to take another couple thou off the dies to get one caliber of neck with a little left over to trim nicely, haven't finished yet. When the dies/cases are done 5 of them will go to 'smith to chamber Martini barrel. Cases can then be made for cheapo 357 brass that can be found anywhere.

·
Registered
87 Posts
224 RC Maxi

In 1987, 2 men designed a cartridge called the 224 R-C Maxi. It was a 357 Maximum necked downed to .224. It would be great in the Contender but a couple of cartridges called the 222 Remington and 223 Remington seem to fit the bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts