Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry I cant help you on a scope, but you might check out Cabellas for some ideas.

What is the rate of twist of the 223 barrel? Im thinking of getting one to play with.

Thanks,

kb

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kb said:
What is the rate of twist of the 223 barrel? Im thinking of getting one to play with.

Thanks,

kb
I believe it's a 1 in 12" Twist .. I'm kinda new to Centerfire Rifles.. Growing up in southeastern, Ohio A good 12Ga and a 22 Long rifle will do just about everything You want For hunting Needs... I thought the 223 would be a good Yot and groundhog Rifle.. Plus Cheap to shoot from what I've seen on Ammo Prices.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Would go with a Burris or Mueller, Mueller especially if you use more than a 3x9x40.......I use Wally World Winchester white box 45 grain varmit rounds, great accuracy and good price. :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have shot several .5" groups with Winchester "white box" 55gr. FMJ's out of my 24" .223 barrel. I have had a couple smaller than that with the smallest at 3/16". If you look down the side of the barrel it looks like the finish is wet or something, there are ripples over a good portion of it? When I got it I immediately saw this and though, "Uh oh!" Shot it a few times and quickly fell in love with it. The yotes don't like it as much as I do though.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
i just bought a bushnell banner scope that is 4-12x40 and i am VERY pleased with it.

only about $100 but seems to be well worth every penny.

-Matt

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matt, Thanks For the Hint on the Bushnell. I've been looking at them and Simmons.. I don't really want to break the Bank. On a scope thats Going ta ride around, In the Pick-up in the racks all the Time.. Nice to hear from the other Corner of our great state..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts