Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Discussion Starter #1
馃

No 55 grain available, and 62 grain running between 56 and 58 cents a round.

Think I'll limit my shootin for a while.

Registered
Yeah mine are drying up too. What do ya call them things? Desiccants I believe. 馃槀

Registered
Cast, powder coated and gas checked over 1,000 60 grainers just last week, what ammo shortage are we talking about again? If you are running low on any ammo after what the Clinton/Obama years taught us, that is all on you for not paying attention and taking appropriate action. Sorry, the truth hurts sometimes.

Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cast, powder coated and gas checked over 1,000 60 grainers just last week, what ammo shortage are we talking about again? If you are running low on any ammo after what the Clinton/Obama years taught us, that is all on you for not paying attention and taking appropriate action. Sorry, the truth hurts sometimes.
Well duckbutter, I just bought the rifle about a month ago, so it didn't really make sense to stockpile that round, and I didn't mention being short on ammo, but thanks anyway for your infinite wisdom, and and contentiously useless input, which I suppose, is now on you.

Also, you might put some time in on understanding what was actually said. Maybe take a class.
Reading comprehension can be a wonderfully useful skill. Even for you. 馃槈

Registered
Well duckbutter, I just bought the rifle about a month ago, so it didn't really make sense to stockpile that round, and I didn't mention being short on ammo, but thanks anyway for your infinite wisdom, and and contentiously useless input, which I suppose, is now on you.

Also, you might put some time in on understanding what was actually said. Maybe take a class.
Reading comprehension can be a wonderfully useful skill. Even for you. 馃槈
Buy it cheap and stack it deep, even if you do not need it right now. :tango_face_grin: DuckButter out :tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin:

Registered
I haven't been to the local gun store since the lockdown started. Not sure what the current inventory looks like. Don't usually look at .223 ammo as I'm an abstainer. Never really felt drawn to the 5.56 or 9mm calibers. After leaving active duty these just seemed too militarized for my interests. Tried a few .223 hunting rifles but since moved on. Sold the last of my .223 ammo to a friend who like you found it gone from the store shelves.

Discussion Starter #8
Well, I got a case in the first of last week at 35 cents a round.
My son and I decided to order another case each. All the 55 grain is gone, and the 62 grain had gone up to 58 cents a round.
Cheaper than Dirt is wantin 80 cents a round for the 20 round boxes.

Registered
In times like this I am glad I have a decent stockpile, plus lead and molds to make more if needed. When it gets close to election time (year of) I know this will happen, couple that with riots and CCP virus, and I'm not getting into new calibers unless I can also get the ammo. 1st quarter of next year will be a good time for that, a bunch of new gun owners will be offloading their weapons until next election cycle.

I couldn't afford to shoot factory ammo if it were available. Lots at my house. 4 large ammo cans full of loaded and 3k 55 grain ball bullets and 32lbs of powder and 10k primers to load more. I couldn't imagine going to the range with an ar15 with a less then a 100 rounds of ammo. If worse comes to worse I even have cast 556 bullets I could shoot. That's the main reason I prefer the ar15s in 9 and 300 bo today. A lot more cast friendly. I can say the same about 9s, 40s 45s and about every handgun caliber I own. If I didn't cast and load id find another hobby. After a couple of these scare shortages I wised up and stock piled. I could probably shoot 556 for the rest of my life and never buy a thing. But that said I plan to die with plenty of ammo still in the shop. As it is I can load my brass (that I got mostly free) for about 15-20 cents a round and half that if I use cast. blackout cost me some free lead a primer and 16 grains of powder. Not a heck of a lot more then a 22lf shell. Now to be honest if you factored in the money ive spent on loading and casting gear it probably doesn't save me a dime but then if I want to go shooting the ammos there not at the store. About the only factory ammo I shoot is 22lr and 762x39. I bought 5 cases of wolf back when it was a 130 bucks a case and I don't shoot the ak all that much anyway. Bought that ammo about 5 years ago and shot up maybe one case of it. Got to say at 10 bucks a mag dump my ar15s would collect dust.

Discussion Starter #11
I have 223 brass and bullets, and have loaded thousands of rounds of it. I usually do it in cooler weather my shop ain't airconditioned.

Registered
Smart folks do their buying when prices are low and they have excess cash.

Idiots wait till a crisis, go pay inflated prices, and load up their credit card so that essentially they buy it twice.

Case in point I had picked up an Excell Accelerator in .22mag, which IMO is a cool little pistol.
.22mag ammo was averaging 24 cents ea. Which if you compare to .22lr seems like a lot. But if you compare it to centerfire rifle ammo at 1-1.50$ per round seems like a bargain. So back when things were quiet I stocked up, 3k rounds of .22mag. That is a whole lot of coons, head shot deer, or zombies no matter how you slice it.

Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Smart folks do their buying when prices are low and they have excess cash.

Idiots wait till a crisis, go pay inflated prices, and load up their credit card so that essentially they buy it twice.
"Idiots" actually are folks that read into a thread, that which is not there, and call other folks idiots, when they themselves are in fact the actual "idiots".
.馃

Case in point.
This thread was started for the purpose of acknowledging that 223, and 5.56 ammo was being bought up due to the present political situation.

Then this "idiot" shows up and begins calling other folks names, and lecturing on how other they should have stocked up, instead of paying double.
Which in fact, nobody did.
馃檮

But then again reading comprehension, and actual thread topic content is usually over this type of "idiots' " perceptive skills, because he is an "idiot"..馃ぃ

Seems you are the attacker not him. sure don't see where he was calling you an idiot!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts